• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Video -- Self Described Old Short Fat Guy Getting On NC

I'm also short with a 28" inseam but not quite so round. :) With the bike on the sidestand, my trick is to put my left foot on the left footpeg, stand-up, then swing my right leg over.

ps. my task is made more difficult by 33 litre Givi side boxes that requires more stretch from my right leg. Getting old has its problems! :-(

Last edited:
My imagination is struggling with the possible technique involved in getting on the Africa Twin ! :D

I recognize the "Flamingo Hop".
or should we call it the "Albatross Spread"?
:p

Old guys have a bikers soul too....I like him very much only for the efford and for managing to be a biker against all odds !

[...my imagination is struggling with the possible technique involved in getting on the Africa Twin]

For me, at a towering 5'6", it would require major reconstructive bone/muscle surgery!

folding_stool.jpg

I'm also short with a 28" inseam but not quite so round. :) With the bike on the sidestand, my trick is to put my left foot on the left footpeg, stand-up, then swing my right leg over.

ps. my task is made more difficult by 33 litre Givi side boxes that requires more stretch from my right leg. Getting old has its problems! :-(

I'm not short but this still how I do it also!!!

Back