• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

vesrah brake pad failure

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, just a word of warning. I've just replaced the front brake pads on my bike. They were vesrah VD172 sintered pads. I ran them down to 10% like I normally do with pads, and when I removed them, I was shocked to find that the friction material was buckling, cracked, and a section had fallen off the backing plate. I have previously run the OEM and EBC fa388HH pads down to a similar level, with a similar riding style, and did not face this issue.

What's even more scary is that it was impossible to see this during routine brake inspection - looking along the rotor from front to rear with a torch - I guess the cracks and warpage was compressed by the caliper. So the problem was hidden from view.

Aside from that, the vesrahs were a nice pad with a solid lever feel and excellent initial bite. But I won't be buying them again as they are less tolerant to abuse than OEM or EBC. Cheers.

Attachments

• vesrah-vd172-failure.png
    vesrah-vd172-failure.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 29
Did you see the price increase in brake pads? I couldn't believe the prices being listed when I was buying EBCs for my ST1300. That's a shame with the vesrahs, glad you posted this. Pads shouldn't delaminate. I've seen the backing plates that delaminating the pads from rusting but never from normal wear an tear.

Last edited:
Me too, I got them in most of my bikes. I like the initial bite and progressive feel. The performance is consistent from bike to bike.

Back