• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

very new

Ok, Bigbird...ya got me beat on that one. I'm inclined to believe Winnipeg winters are tougher than your average Pittsburgh area (or Cleveland) winters. Hmmm...I can see I'll need to be more careful what I fuss about!
It's all good.
Record low in Winnipeg is -49 F in Feb 1966. I walked 2 miles to my high school that morning.
There was no wind, so no extra windchill to deal with.
Record high in Winnipeg is 108 F in July 1936.
That's a swing of 157 degrees.
I don't think Cleveland can touch that, or too many other places on the planet for that matter.
As you can see we have crazy extremes here.

I'm not looking for sympathy.
I could move if I really hated it here.
Canada has lots of places that are warmer and drier than Cleveland in the winter.
Um, I suspect Antarctica has warmer/dryer places than Cleveland. Just kidding. Congrats and welcome to our new guy. Just got back from Ebensburg Pa last week..

Um, I suspect Antarctica has warmer/dryer places than Cleveland. Just kidding. Congrats and welcome to our new guy. Just got back from Ebensburg Pa last week..
Beauty and great places to ride are where you find them. Cleveland has its issues, I guess, but southern Ohio is beautiful. I try not to whine about the winters here north of Pittsburgh, but the only true problem is that they last a little too long. We seldom have tornadoes or earthquakes. We ride awesome bikes. February around here says, "take a roadtrip!"

It's all good.
Record low in Winnipeg is -49 F in Feb 1966. I walked 2 miles to my high school that morning.
There was no wind, so no extra windchill to deal with.
Record high in Winnipeg is 108 F in July 1936.
That's a swing of 157 degrees.
I don't think Cleveland can touch that, or too many other places on the planet for that matter.
As you can see we have crazy extremes here.
in Cincinnati we have had -25f to 108f so only 133 degree spread. I have ridden from -9 to 104 here ( rode in 113 in AZ)

Last edited:
Back