• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

very new

Hondalf the Grey

Reaction score
Visit site
Just joined. Literally moments ago. Bought my NC700X three weeks ago. I just don't see them here, mainly Harleys and faux Harleys. I was a little surprised to see posts from so many places around the world. Happily surprised. I roll around in southwestern Pennsylvania, USA.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike.

The NC700/750 is a global platform and has been developed for and sold in major major markets around the world since late 2011. For several years it was among Honda’s top three best selling bikes in Europe and the UK.

Just joined. Literally moments ago. Bought my NC700X three weeks ago. I just don't see them here, mainly Harleys and faux Harleys. I was a little surprised to see posts from so many places around the world. Happily surprised. I roll around in southwestern Pennsylvania, USA.
Glad to have you in the group. It's been years, but I used to have some friends in West Mifflin, just south of Pittsburg. Pretty area of the state that corner is.

And yup, the NC series seems to be a very popular bike in other nations but within the American market they are a fraction of a sliver of the sales. I think much of the lack of US sales for these bikes is the American biker culture that is more cruiser oriented, with big V twin engines . . . the mentality that if it is not HD and 1000+cc's in displacement then it is not a 'real' motorcycle.

I agree completely about the current bike culture in this area. Seems like many buy a bike based upon what they believe other people will think of them...group think. I'm ok with that, but I buy bikes for me, not everyone else. I'm about an hour north of Pittsburgh. Yeah, it is a nice area, but I would like to be able to spend winters in Arizona. Love that dry heat.

Mine came with a Yoshimura exhaust, which is nice and aftermarket handlebars, which do nothing...the only thing I want to get now is a set of sliders. Any suggestions are appreciated. Maybe panniers in the future, but only for a big road trip, which isn't in my immediate plans.

I certainly don't mind riding a "different" bike. Being a bit of a contrarian (so I'm told) I kinda like it.

Thanks...

Yup, it's not an American bike. I'm fine with that, but the only downside is many of the quality mods need to be sourced from abroad.
try T. rex racing. Many mods and made right here in ‘Murica!

Welcome to the NC family! I lived east of Pittsburgh for a couple years before I came to my senses and retreated back across the boarder. Beautiful country out there.

Winter in Cleveland...MAN! I lived (and worked there after getting out of school) in 1977-1978. The winters there those years SUCKED! And evidently, the city was bankrupt and snow removal was the first expense to go. I was driving a beat up 1970 AMC Hornet. I had winter treads on it with chains over the winter treads. Lol...very memorable time.

Bunch of complainers about winter. Cleveland would be paradise compared to where I live. Google Winnipeg winters.
Ok, Bigbird...ya got me beat on that one. I'm inclined to believe Winnipeg winters are tougher than your average Pittsburgh area (or Cleveland) winters. Hmmm...I can see I'll need to be more careful what I fuss about!

Back