• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Valve Inspection and Adjustment

WMU_BRONCO

Reaction score
Visit site
I would appreciate it if someone could look at the Maintenance Schedule in your Owner's Manual, and tell us how many miles or km between valve inspection and adjustment for the NC700 engine.

Christian, I followed your post to this new site. Thank you. I'm still trying to find out if the valves use screw adjusters or shims. (I looked at the Honda Fit motor and it looks like it has screws.) Thanks for any help.
Mike Wedderburn (a potential NC700X owner.)

Hi Mike and welcome to this NC-site!
It's a bit slow today as it is new, but it might be growing to something really good in the future.

Christian, I followed your post to this new site. Thank you. I'm still trying to find out if the valves use screw adjusters or shims. (I looked at the Honda Fit motor and it looks like it has screws.) Thanks for any help.
Mike Wedderburn (a potential NC700X owner.)

I suspect valve adjustment will be the same arrangement as it is for the Jazz - but of course i could be wrong! Now isn't that helpful.:p

I looked at the Fit pictures and it looks like they have adjustment screws. Also noticed on another post that it has screw adjusters. Valve adjustments are the biggest plus, for me, on this bike. I hate spending hundreds of dollars for labor, shims, etc...
My old Sportster really had me spoiled, just oil and filters. (Too bad it rode like a hard-tail.)
Can't wait to see this Honda in person. I already have my wife convinced that we need a silver one!
Mike

I am one who prefers more servicing than less.
I thought 12000km is way too much but new engine tech may be the reason.
Anyway it is half a Jazz!
:p

Back