• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

USB power supply installation

Sasane

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a USB power supply to mount on the handlebars to power my iPhone, which doubles as my navigation system. I was unsure about the installation, so tried consulting with a Honda dealer and the service guy did not seem to want to install it. It has three wires ("always on", positive, and ground)
img59152603.jpg

Any advice/ideas on the installation? (The rather simple instructions on the back are in Japanese, but they come down to "attach this wire somewhere it will receive power when the ignition is on", attach wire #2 to the positive terminal of the battery, ground wire #3.) I tried finding a tutorial somewhere, but came up lacking. If possible, I would really like to find a bike-specific how-to for a similar device on a 700X.

Does anybody in these parts have a link to information or advice on how to attach this?
Thanks

Get the original Honda accessory harness, connect wire 1 and 2 together to any of the harness plugs positive terminal, and wire 3 to the same plug's negative terminal. Instructions how to install the harness is enclosed with the kit. Female plug for your USB solution can be bought at the Eastern Beaver.

Get the original Honda accessory harness, connect wire 1 and 2 together to any of the harness plugs positive terminal, and wire 3 to the same plug's negative terminal. Instructions how to install the harness is enclosed with the kit. Female plug for your USB solution can be bought at the Eastern Beaver.

Thanks. I will dig out the harness docs when I get home. I think that they tossed that in the folder with the paperwork on all the other accessories I had installed when I got the bike.

Back