• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

USB Port Installation Tutorial

Well, I tried to do this install today by memory... needless to say it didn't work. I forgot to buy the jumpers. Quick question though, what does the relay do?

WGW,
All of the picture links appear to be broken. Thanks in advance if you are able to repost or post them elsewhere. I'm particularly interested in seeing how you tapped into the accessory terminal (I'm installing a handlebar USB outlet for powering my iPhone for navigation).
-- Mark

I just plug this 12v adapter into my 12v socket installed in the frunk. I can charge two USB devices (usually our phones) at the same time. I choose to install my 12v in this way so I can plug something in without the charger protruding into the center of the frunk space. Much more space effective.

The other colored wire is going to the alarm receiver installed behind the document/tool pouch (It had to be in the frunk to be away from any water)

Anyhow, I have both installed and functional without taking up any space… cheap & works great for me… works for any 12v or USB device.

GPS navigation from my cell phone gives me turn-by-turn directions through my blue-tooth helmet. AND you can talk on the phone in between listening to your favorite pandora track…. no need for a visible mounted navigation system or pulling over for a quick chat.

Ready for any road trip….
:)

Last edited:
Back