• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Uprated Headlight

Peskymegabeing

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Now we are in depths of winter and its dark and gloomy, a quick question for everyone, has anyone uprated their headlight to improve visibility?
I find the standard beam rather limiting, is it an easy job to fit a more powerful bulb/lamp?
Looking forward to your feedback

Cheers David

Cheers for the feedback guys, but my NC750X DCT comes with LED lights as standard, so a more accurate question is can you get higher wattage bulbs as they are currently 60/55w according to the owners manual?

Last edited:
Install the Cycle Gear LED bulb last year. Made a big difference. Reflectors really light up a lot brighter now.
How much did that cost? There are a couple LED headlights people have installed ranging from $45 to a little over $80. I personally got the cheaper unit which comes with 2 LEDs and I don't think it's allot brighter because of the way it projects but you can definitely see better because of the color (or lack of), I also think I'm able to be seen from farther away, so that's a nice bonus. From what I hear the more expensive unit is brighter (I guess you get what you pay for) but I personally haven't seen it so can't say for sure.

Hello all,

Now we are in depths of winter and its dark and gloomy, a quick question for everyone, has anyone uprated their headlight to improve visibility?
I find the standard beam rather limiting, is it an easy job to fit a more powerful bulb/lamp?
Looking forward to your feedback

Cheers David
Look in this forum for threads on bulbs, accessory lighting, and a headlight modification: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/index2.html

The cyclops bulb made a bigger difference than the disappointing Denali D2 auxiliary lights. For those that installed the Cyclops bulb, did you use the washer that came in the box?

Back