Uprated Headlight

Peskymegabeing

Reaction score
Hello all,

Now we are in depths of winter and its dark and gloomy, a quick question for everyone, has anyone uprated their headlight to improve visibility?
I find the standard beam rather limiting, is it an easy job to fit a more powerful bulb/lamp?
Looking forward to your feedback

Cheers David

Cheers for the feedback guys, but my NC750X DCT comes with LED lights as standard, so a more accurate question is can you get higher wattage bulbs as they are currently 60/55w according to the owners manual?

Last edited:

tew47

Reaction score
Install the Cycle Gear LED bulb last year. Made a big difference. Reflectors really light up a lot brighter now.

rippin209

Reaction score
Install the Cycle Gear LED bulb last year. Made a big difference. Reflectors really light up a lot brighter now.
How much did that cost? There are a couple LED headlights people have installed ranging from $45 to a little over $80. I personally got the cheaper unit which comes with 2 LEDs and I don't think it's allot brighter because of the way it projects but you can definitely see better because of the color (or lack of), I also think I'm able to be seen from farther away, so that's a nice bonus. From what I hear the more expensive unit is brighter (I guess you get what you pay for) but I personally haven't seen it so can't say for sure.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

Now we are in depths of winter and its dark and gloomy, a quick question for everyone, has anyone uprated their headlight to improve visibility?
I find the standard beam rather limiting, is it an easy job to fit a more powerful bulb/lamp?
Looking forward to your feedback

Cheers David
Look in this forum for threads on bulbs, accessory lighting, and a headlight modification: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/index2.html

rippin209

Reaction score
Think I paid $59 for the LED headlight. Made a big difference.
Cyclops? That's the price I just saw them for, and I hear good things about them

LM15

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Cyclops! I have been very happy with my install. I did have to readjust the aim, but all is well.

MiG Angel

Reaction score
The cyclops bulb made a bigger difference than the disappointing Denali D2 auxiliary lights. For those that installed the Cyclops bulb, did you use the washer that came in the box?

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not impressed with the LED headlight that my 2017 NC750X comes fitted with. It is very good for being seen by others but mot for seeing where you are going.