• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

upgrade 2021?

annah

Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously no one knows yet, but do you guys think there will be an upgrade for the NC750X next year? (2021 models)
I mean the bike is pretty outdated and lacks a bunch of new features, im thinking of buying 2019 model now because they currently have a pretty good discount at least here in Sweden.

At its price point and position in the market, I don't know if I would say the NC is really lacking on features? What features? Fancier display maybe?

Little more HP if anything, I mean +50 750CC is pretty bad,' its a pretty heavy motorcycle and with packboxes and everything...

Little more HP if anything, I mean +50 750CC is pretty bad,' its a pretty heavy motorcycle and with packboxes and everything...
If you want more horsepower, you’ll probably want to look elsewhere. The NC series is not and never was about power. The NC has what it needs. There are plenty of other machines with excess power.

Yeah, the tradeoff for more power should be apparent by now since so many bike designs have chosen that path.

I wouldn't call more hp a "feature" lol. I figured you were talking about more electronics and gadgetry. Yeah, I 100% wish the NC had at minimum 100 hp. It would be just right.

Sure, when I'm pushing headwinds going up a long grade I sometimes wish the NC had more power. I also wish it got 100mpg the way I twist the throttle.

If you want more horsepower, you’ll probably want to look elsewhere. The NC series is not and never was about power.

I also heard alot of complaiments
Yeah, the tradeoff for more power should be apparent by now since so many bike designs have chosen that path.

Yamaha tracer 700 has I think 72, 2020'model, wouldn't hurt with some extra :)

NCs lack of power, needs more power, what can I do to uncork the NCs power, does Bazazz, Bazizz, Power Commander map the power?

No. Never had it, never will, never meant to have it. That's the case for the CB650R's 80 hp or CBR600RR's 118 hp

It’s time to go back to 2011 and 2012 and remember the beginnings of the NC series. For those late comers that may not know, “NC“ is generally believed to stand for “New Concept”. Honda motorcycle engineers, with input from the automotive group, designed an engine with properties of long stroke, low operating RPM, high fuel efficiency, reduced mechanical parts and reduced internal losses, and a user friendly power delivery characteristic. Screaming high RPM peak horsepower was not on the list.

Like dduelin said about power, the NC never had it, never will, never meant to have it.

If a higher power-to-displacement ratio is what you’re after, there are so many available motorcycle engines that follow the old formula. The NC is different. You either “get it”, or you don’t. If it’s not what you’re looking for, many other choices exist for you in the motorcycle marketplace. For example, if you like the 72 horsepower that comes from the Yamaha Tracer, then go get a Yamaha Tracer.

I love my NC just the way it is, although I do thirst for more power from time to time.
That is why I will have my NC and in the near future acquire a CB650r to have a little of everything.

With my 700 I used to feel the lack of HP when climbing steep grades above 70 mph. My 750 takes on the same roads with much more gusto. I have not yet encountered anything that keeps me from accelerating or maintaining speed comfortably (one stretch I made a pass in the 90's where the 700 would have been maxed to do 80). The 10% more HP and 15% more torque makes a significant difference in real world performance and feel (to me).

NC750_700 Dynos.jpg

I’m a bit of a “grumpy old man” who believes in old school simplicity. I am not of fan of keyless. Too many stories of dead batteries and lost or cranky fobs. More electronics just seems like more failure points.... I know... call me boomer. Heck, I just sold my 2015 bike and now I’m left with a 2005 and a 2011. Lower tech suits me. To each their own..
>T

Back