• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Unofficial something I learned today: Fueling cautions in high heat! :)

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
YOu know how some gas pumps are always vapor locking in the high heat? Well, if you don't, they do. ANYWAY... To counter that sometimes they have those rubber baffles, and you have to use one hand to pull and hold the baffle back, and kind of hold the pump sorta in the tanks fuel filler area, but not in it, or it will vapor lock again. That's tricky on any bike, but the NCX has that baffle there which can really make a mess, and I know Honda knows it because thankfully it they built a spill lip to divert the fuel down/around important things, and the tank area is not an area to damage your finish....BUT... if you're filling a front gas tank with a finish...and here's the warning part..... you ready for it? Classic Feral Cat punch line coming.....Ok really... you've been warned....Here it comes....

Always pay close attention to your job filling the bike because if someone attractive should walk by in a summer dressed state of...WOW! (In my case, a younger blond woman with obviously Slavic genes in a one piece athletic outfit, with very perky breasts poking out, and a smiling at me), you'll really make a mess of the bike, your boots, and other stuff if you forget what you're doing and accidentally move that flowing fuel nozzle! And maybe get a giggle that I translated to mean, "Well, I thought you might be cool, and wished my dad were as cool as you, but now I think you're a geek, and my dad is way cooler!"

Hey man, just sayin: BE COOL! DON'T BE A FUEL DROOL! :)
A public service message from your almost always friendly Florida Feral Cat :)

Funny! I like the description, it put a very nice image of the imaginary blonde passing by. BTW, be careful if you are driving in traffic and she is in the convertible next to you or walking on the sidewalk. Not to say that ever happened to me but you can't be too observant, I mean careful.

Um Yes! Of course! It's about engineering of the breastfulls...- ER... BAFFLES! YES! bre....Baffles in the fuel tank always seem to make being able to fuel a bike in the Summer very tough. There's a lot of concentration involved. ;)

We don't have the rubber baffle-y things here in Canada (that I've ever seen anyway) and I kind of nervously giggle a bit at imagining it so hot as to do any weird vapour lock at the gas pump shenanigans :)eek:) but I *have* been distracted by cooler temperatures and headlights on high beam as far as distractions go...

Always pay close attention to your job filling the bike because if someone attractive should walk by in a summer dressed state of...WOW! (In my case, a younger blond woman with obviously Slavic genes in a one piece athletic outfit, with very perky breasts poking out, and a smiling at me), you'll really make a mess of the bike, your boots, and other stuff if you forget what you're doing and accidentally move that flowing fuel nozzle! And maybe get a giggle that I translated to mean, "Well, I thought you might be cool, and wished my dad were as cool as you, but now I think you're a geek, and my dad is way cooler!"

Hey man, just sayin: BE COOL! DON'T BE A FUEL DROOL! :)
A public service message from your almost always friendly Florida Feral Cat :)

and you are sure...
you were holding the FUEL NOZZLE, right?

Ah YES! High Beams! Always a distraction. I used to live just outside of Oslo and one always has to be careful while fueling or any during any other activity that your concentration not to be distracted by the lure of the blinding brilliance of staring into High Beams! A good caution for us all LBS! :D

Last edited:
While high beams are good I'm not all that into the rather large ones and prefer more of a smaller LED style. What I really like is a long firm suspension and high tight tail. Not too keen on the wide bagger look.

Yeah... Some baggers have that droopy added on appearance...BUTT... I think if there's some effort from the owners involved, with care and diligence going into their appearance, they can really make for a beautiful full figured ride.

Last edited:
Back