• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ultimate Offroad MC

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Took the off road course a few weeks ago and am shopping for an off road bike. Got a test ride Saturday on a Kettenkrad. It was an awesome rid, but at 6,000 pounds a bit heavier than I was thinking with only 36 hp form the 4 cylinder Opal engine. With auction prices over $100,000 a bit more than my wife will let me spend.

BUT IT WAS AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE TO DRIVE IT!!! :)

And it was the perfect machine to carry chairs to other end of runway. ;)

IMG_4864.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't that thing in the Savings Pvt Ryan used as the bait vehicle to get the Germans to the showdown village? Some war vehicles just get you scratching your head wondering, what where they thinking? Nice example of a government designed motorcycle...is it also amphibious? Is there a go navy sticker?

Ray

Last edited:
Wasn't that thing in the Savings Pvt Ryan used as the bait vehicle to get the Germans to the showdown village? Some war vehicles just get you scratching your head wondering, what where they thinking? Nice example of a government designed motorcycle...is it also amphibious? Is there a go navy sticker?

Ray
Germans made over 8000 of them. Often used as tow vehicle. Only tracked vehicle that could get through some of Russian mud. It will climb a 24 degree sand dune slope. Continued to be built after war for use as farm tractor. Museum mechanic says he has had it over 55mph. Pretty smooth ride for my short run at half that speed.

The motorcycle handlebars are an afterthought and front wheel serves little to no purpose. Turning handlebars activates tread brakes to turn vehicle. You can still buy parts as apparently some are still in use as farm tractors.

Back