• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tyre advice

nicecruise

Reaction score
Visit site
looking For some reccomemdations for nc750s

first time changing tyres on a bike. We are coming into winter where I live gets down to about -3 celcius 26.6 farenheit. Am looking to commute year round our Roads get gritted quite a bit. And obviously will have to watch for ice.

not looking for a super winter tyre just something that will get me through cold commutes in morning. Any recommendations?

also side question are rims same size on nc750x as nc750s? Can you run a 170/60 tyre where a 160/60 tyre was before? As seems to be more options in my area for 170/60 tyres.

thank you in advance.

I ride a fair amount of cold/wet roads so a dual compound that handles much like a sport tire is a plus. I also like a tread pattern that goes through the center so there's no guessing about center wear. Bridgestone A41 ($145.36 for a rear) is working out extremely well (don't know about its longevity yet). Likewise the Avon Trailrider ($155.89 for a rear) which gave me about 10,000 miles on the rear and felt good like the A41. Didn't like the Road 4...

Definitely a premium for multi-compound tires, but in the climate and area I ride it's been well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took 6 days off this year due to ice. Keep an eye on the road conditions. Moisture on the road and freezing temperatures are a bad combination... I keep the scratches on the bike to remind me. I run the Road 5 and am happy with them. I only ride pavement so it works for my purposes.

Dunlop Roadsmart. I really enjoy them on three bikes and grip like hell in wet, dry, hot....and cool, which is as "cold" as it gets here in SW Florida.

In case you did want to try a proper bike winter tyre (which is a very rare thing in Europe at least) the Anlas Winter Grip Plus comes in NC750S sizes.
These are pretty new as far as I know and not easy to find yet.

Back