Tyre advice

nicecruise

Reaction score
looking For some reccomemdations for nc750s

first time changing tyres on a bike. We are coming into winter where I live gets down to about -3 celcius 26.6 farenheit. Am looking to commute year round our Roads get gritted quite a bit. And obviously will have to watch for ice.

not looking for a super winter tyre just something that will get me through cold commutes in morning. Any recommendations?

also side question are rims same size on nc750x as nc750s? Can you run a 170/60 tyre where a 160/60 tyre was before? As seems to be more options in my area for 170/60 tyres.

thank you in advance.

greenboy

Reaction score
I ride a fair amount of cold/wet roads so a dual compound that handles much like a sport tire is a plus. I also like a tread pattern that goes through the center so there's no guessing about center wear. Bridgestone A41 ($145.36 for a rear) is working out extremely well (don't know about its longevity yet). Likewise the Avon Trailrider ($155.89 for a rear) which gave me about 10,000 miles on the rear and felt good like the A41. Didn't like the Road 4...

Definitely a premium for multi-compound tires, but in the climate and area I ride it's been well worth it.

Last edited:

potter0o

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took 6 days off this year due to ice. Keep an eye on the road conditions. Moisture on the road and freezing temperatures are a bad combination... I keep the scratches on the bike to remind me. I run the Road 5 and am happy with them. I only ride pavement so it works for my purposes.