• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Two questions regarding the new NC750X

The way I look at it is we got the road focussed S version over here but it never sold as well as the X (at least twice as many X versions sold in the UK AFAIK). The S was deleted in 2021 and the updated X is much more road focussed then the earlier versions. I am not saying the earlier X versions were off road kings but the new version is much more biased towards the road. Which is one reason they got rid of the S version. Pity cos I much prefer the look of the S. The new X is more appealing to me than the old just because of the slight performance updates and gearing changes.

I found some suspension links that were shorter, which raises the bike, but I can't find anyone that makes them in the US. The ones that lower the bike are plentiful.

Jack-up kit
They are plentiful on Ebay UK. I have just bought a set to raise my S by 25mm. When I get them I'll measure the distance from the hole centres and post back here. You could easily get set made by a shop with a water jet cutter. All the linkages are the same on all the NC bikes as far as I know.

I found some suspension links that were shorter, which raises the bike, but I can't find anyone that makes them in the US. The ones that lower the bike are plentiful.

Jack-up kit
If you need them and can wait it is not a problem. I bought my links from LustRacing and it arrived in a couple weeks. I lowered not raised FYI

They are plentiful on Ebay UK. I have just bought a set to raise my S by 25mm. When I get them I'll measure the distance from the hole centres and post back here. You could easily get set made by a shop with a water jet cutter. All the linkages are the same on all the NC bikes as far as I know.
The shorter dogbones I purchased are supposed to increase ride height by 25mm.
The clearance at the rear wheel, when on the centre stand with the OE shock is 25 mm from the rubber to the ground.

New Ebay SHORTER dogbones
The steel is 5.2mm thick`
The holes are 10.2mm in diameter
The land around the holes is 10mm
The width of the dog bone is 16.1 mm
The length from the edge of the holes is 120mm
so the length of the dogbone from hole centre to hole centre is 130.2mm

OE dogbones
The steel is 5.9mm thick`
The holes are 10.2mm in diameter
The land around the holes is a slightly different design to Ebay and not as circular
The width of the dog bone is 17.8 mm
The length from the edge of the holes is 123.3mm
so the length of the dogbone from hole centre to hole centre is 133.5mm

Surprisingly the clearance from the rubber to ground at the rear wheel when on the centre stand is now 14mm so the unloaded difference is 11mm and not the advertised 25mm. However that's OK with me as the dogbones increase the effective stiffness of the suspension so better to start small and work up.

Surprisingly the clearance from the rubber to ground at the rear wheel when on the centre stand is now 14mm so the unloaded difference is 11mm and not the advertised 25mm. However that's OK with me as the dogbones increase the effective stiffness of the suspension so better to start small and work up.
If you have any added preload that will effect height after you sit on it. A good rear shock or respring for your weight can make a big difference. The OEM shock spring is soft for many people.

I didn't touch the shock so the preload is exactly the same for both sets of dogbones. I am OK with suspension setup. I will be switching shocks from the OE to my refurbished Sachs Aprilia Tuono V4 shock. I had the shim stack adjusted by MCT in the UK to work with my 184N/mm (1050lb/inch) spring. The NC OE spring is 140N/mm so yes, I have gone stiffer. For info the OE spring on the Tuono shock was about 95N/mm. I found about using the Tuono shock by searching on this site a few years ago.

Back