• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

TURN SIGNALS ?!?!? Aftermarket / Modified......

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
;) ANYONE GOT A FANCY BLINKER ?!?! :cool:

I have not seen much on here about aftermarket turn signals. I'm not talking about repacing the bulb with an LED, but changing the fixture out completely.

I changed the rear signals out, and am now searching for a front set replacement. THose big ol' orange thangs are stickin' out like a pair of swollen ears....

I'm sure we'd all like to learn about the options available to us.....so...

SHARE WITH US !!! POST UP PICS AND InFO ABOUT YOUR AFTERMARKET TURN SIGNALS !!!!

Last edited:
I have the Kellerman, micro rhombus, stealth LED signals.... I love the fact that they are completely blacked out until I hit the signal.. THen super bright amber flashes!! THey are made of high quality aluminum casing, not plastic. Dark black tinted lenses. Manufactured in Germany, so you know the quality is good... and they look BADDASSS !!!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3,944
Last edited:
I originally found these while searching for signals for the 2011 CBR1000rr. Apparently, thanks to Mother Honda, we share the same front (or rear i can't remember. But it is the same signal on our front and rear) signal. I am looking at the matching front set, with white running/postion light & amber turn signal.

QUESTION: Are the running/position lights legally necessary, or is it just an added safety feature?

What are your thoughts on the Bar-End Blinkers?

T Signal.jpgT Signal on.jpgKellermannRhombusPLBlack.jpg

Last edited:
The stock turn signals are evidently are "pretty fancy" have you check the cost of the HONDA signals..........retail near $75 each.

I'd be interested to know if a new flasher unit is needed with this Mod. Bulbs & LED's are different internally & it wouldn't surprise me if LEDs didn't work without a new switching device.

I've pulled a bulb on the nc to see if its mechanical or electronic. With one turn signal bulb removed I got a hyper flash so the flasher is mechanical. To do all led you would need an electronic flasher or resistors. The resistors would negate any electrical savings gained from leds

I like the bike looks with that set.of.signals....off topic i like u did with dat rear jay is der.a.thread out to.know how u ran dat set up.

Can you mount the bar end type signals where the stock ones are? Just thinking out loud. I like the look of those but wouldn't want them on the ends of the bars. I'm guessing they just have a hole through them to allow the bar end screw to pass through. There would have to be room on the I side for a nut.
Mike

I've pulled a bulb on the nc to see if its mechanical or electronic. With one turn signal bulb removed I got a hyper flash so the flasher is mechanical. To do all led you would need an electronic flasher or resistors. The resistors would negate any electrical savings gained from leds

LED's draw so little current that when selecting say Turn Right, they can work both sides by pulling power through the filament of the dash indicator bulb. I've had that on other bikes & it's a pain to sort out. Saying that, the other bike did have a single bulb dash indicator though. Shouldn't be a problem here.

Last edited:
LED's draw so little current that when selecting say Turn Right, they can work both sides by pulling power through the filament of the dash indicator bulb. I've had that on other bikes & it's a pain to sort out. Saying that, the other bike did have a single bulb dash indicator though. Shouldn't be a problem here.

I put LEDs on my CRF (basically the same dash as the NC) and after fitting an electronic flasher it works fine

I've pulled a bulb on the nc to see if its mechanical or electronic. With one turn signal bulb removed I got a hyper flash so the flasher is mechanical.

The relay used on the NC is an electronic module faking an old style relay to easily detect dead bulbs... See posts #12 and #16 of this thread where I give the instructions to mod the electronic relay for a steady flash rate without resistors:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-news/356-1156-led-replacement-bulb-review.html

QUESTION: Are the running/position lights legally necessary, or is it just an added safety feature?

There is also FMVSS regulations a manufacturer must comply with............ that states colors, size, brightness, distance apart and distance from other lights to name a few.

The distance apart reg is why the same signal will be used on different bikes with a spacer to the body work or frame.

These regs may not apply to owner???????? But states with vehicle inspections or counties with MOT inspection may check signals or other lighting for function or mods??????

Last edited:

Who cares?!?! Just like I tell my girl, the only thing I could possibly enjoy more than flasing, is HYPER-flashing....lol
:rolleyes:

And the lack of current draw is the reason I can add my two Freeway Blaster Horns on the same circut...lol

I have the Kellerman, micro rhombus, stealth LED signals.... I love the fact that they are completely blacked out until I hit the signal.. THen super bright amber flashes!! THey are made of high quality aluminum casing, not plastic. Dark black tinted lenses. Manufactured in Germany, so you know the quality is good... and they look BADDASSS !!!

Did you use resistor/flasher?

I'd be interested to know if a new flasher unit is needed with this Mod. Bulbs & LED's are different internally & it wouldn't surprise me if LEDs didn't work without a new switching device.

They work, but cause the faster flashing of the turn signal... really not an issue for me.... Hazards flash all lights at normal speed due to the increased current on the circut.

I like the bike looks with that set.of.signals....off topic i like u did with dat rear jay is der.a.thread out to.know how u ran dat set up.

THe tail kit is from JMV Concepts out of France ( JMV CONCEPTS )

I wish I had recorded a step-by-step, because installing it does require you to do a bit of customizing/cutting and chopping of the OEM parts.

Not to mention, their are no real instructions. And, the little instruction included is in French, and says nothing about modifying any stock parts to make it fit.

I had to cut up the rear under fender,

chop off pieces of the passanger seat's hinge (to make the Tail light fit),

and cut the metal stabilizer pieces that the taillights mount with (the kellerman light's metal threading post is shorter than the originals)

This also meant cutting the rubber light mounts to about half the thickness( so the threaded post can now go through the rubber piece, and has enough exposed thread to catch the nut)

The fender is easy. Used my Tin Snips to cut the plastic in the shape I needed. THe pillion seat hinge, and the turn signal mounting pieces were a BITCH!!

Just Imagine.. I was holding these tiny metal pieces with channel locks and using a cordless, DeWalt Sawzall to chop off tiny little parts...lol (almost chopped off my tiny little fingers)

This would be probably be very easy if I had a bandsaw... but that's not normally found in an ELectrician's tool kit...lmfao !!

The threaded piece is longer on the original turn signal, the picture makes it look shorter, but it's just the camera angle.... THis is why I had to cut the metal mounting bracket and rubber piece to make it able to get through the hole, and be able to get a nut threaded on the end.

Last edited:
Back