• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Turn signal switch - wiring or connector

lamlamz

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know where the turn signal relay switch located?
Or know how the turn signals are wired?

Trying to put LED and a relay switch.

Thanks.
Chee

I will try to look it up for you later this afternoon. Did you confirm that the stock relay is not going to work by removing one of the bulbs and checking the flash rate?

Thanks beemerphile. No I did not, however, I was putting a single filament (standard 1157) bulb at front and both flashed very quick. This makes me think that the relay is not going to work properly, especially a much lower voltage LEDs. I will test that later today when I get back.

Chee,

The turn signal / hazard relay is located under the left side cowling. It is clipped to the back wall of the luggage compartment and has a four wire connector.

You have to remove both air ducts, the center cover, and the left side cowling to get to it. There may be a solid state replacement like a Kisan Signalminder that would work to provide electronic timing. If you can be more specific about what you are trying to do, I may be able to provide more specific help.

best - Lee

beemerphile,

Thanks for your help I actually want to install LED turn signals. Base on your recommendation, I took one of the turn signal out and sure enough it flashed very quick. This makes me think that the flash rate only work with proper voltage. With LED, which has lower power requirement, will require a flasher to work. So I bit the bullet and bought this solid state flasher Universal Turn Signal Flasher Relay : Amazon.com : Automotive not knowing where and how to plug it. Just guess based on reviews.

I like Kisan Signalminder as it covers all the thing I wanted with one single device. Not so much for the hazard light (we already have one) but more for the blinking brake lights. Is SM-3R the correct model?

Here is the picture I took awhile ago when I was connecting the sub-harness.
Which arrow is the flasher? The red or the yellow? or none of these....

IMG_0380.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the red arrow is correct. The relay has a 4-wire connector. The Kisan SM-3R has a 9-wire connector, so that does not look correct. But the SM-3 looks to have a 3-wire connector, so that is not correct either. However, the Mitsuba FR33-025 is a common Honda turn signal flasher that has been used for several years on lots of models and the SM-3 is called out for those applications.

I am not sure. I contacted Kisan and asked them which signalminder is applicable to the 700x but have not gotten a reply as yet. When I hear from them, I will let you know. Otherwise, you may contact them as well to see if we get the same answer.

Regarding your Amazon flasher, it should work electrically in the circuit, but I believe that the missing 4th wire is what allows the emergency flashers to work with the ignition switch off. So, I think you would lose that functionality.

Back