Turn signal issue

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
So quick question. Are the turn signals supposed to stay lit as running lamps? It’s one of those things I’ve never paid much attention to until now. I’m sure they are but my left one isn’t and my right one is. I think I damaged my left lamp and need to replace it. Does anyone have an idea what the part number for that assembly might be? Partzilla has 2 different numbers for the same assembly. Thank you.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So quick question. Are the turn signals supposed to stay lit as running lamps? It’s one of those things I’ve never paid much attention to until now. I’m sure they are but my left one isn’t and my right one is. I think I damaged my left lamp and need to replace it. Does anyone have an idea what the part number for that assembly might be? Partzilla has 2 different numbers for the same assembly. Thank you.
Modrl year of your motorcycle? Incandescent or LED? Country of residence?

if you have a North American spec NC, the front turn indicators are dual intensity lamps for running lights and turn signals. If it's incandescent, replace the dual filament bulb. If LED, I don't knoww if there are individual parts or if you need to change the whole assembly.

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For the non-LED version of the bike, here are the replacement LEDs I used on my 2013 NC700X (to replace the incandescent bulbs):

They are longer than stock, but fit inside the lens perfectly.

GregC

Reaction score
Visit site
@halfSpinDoctor -- did those replacement blink correctly as turn signals? some LED bulbs in an incandescent circuit don't flash correctly. I have a 2015 DCT so should be the same circuit as your 2013.

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Modrl year of your motorcycle? Incandescent or LED? Country of residence?

if you have a North American spec NC, the front turn indicators are dual intensity lamps for running lights and turn signals. If it's incandescent, replace the dual filament bulb. If LED, I don't knoww if there are individual parts or if you need to change the whole assembly.
Country: USA. Bike 2018 NC750x. Pretty sure they’re incandescent. I think I have to change the whole assembly. The turn signal works, but not the running light. I think I broke a wire.

gregstar

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Country: USA. Bike 2018 NC750x. Pretty sure they’re incandescent. I think I have to change the whole assembly. The turn signal works, but not the running light. I think I broke a wire.
You just need to change the bulb. It uses a dual filament bulb similar to the one in the tail light. The filament for the running light must have burnt out. It happens.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You just need to change the bulb. It uses a dual filament bulb similar to the one in the tail light. The filament for the running light must have burnt out. It happens.
Yep. This happened on my CRF250L when it only had a few thousands miles on it. Running light filament went bad. Just had to pop in a new bulb.

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
did those replacement blink correctly as turn signals?

No, they will blink fast unless you also replace the flasher relay, or use load resistors (which I do not recommend).

Here is the flasher relay I have. Works great, but you will lose the 4-way flashers with ignition off feature: