• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Turn Signal Beeper

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I admit it. I leave the turn signal on more often than I like to admit. The flashing light on the console is just not annoying enough for me to notice. I am thinking of adding a beeper to the turn signals - there are several available (5-10 bucks on Amazon) that are part of the 2 prong relay.

2 questions:

1) anyone tried one of these?
2) where is the relay located on the NC700x (2013 DCT)?

Thanks.

Have not tried one. With poor hearing plus wearing ear plugs, it would have to blow the horn for me to notice.

The turn signal relay is under and just rearward of the fake duct cover on the left side (when seated on the bike). The cover can be removed after taking out one screw and one clip fastener.

Last edited:
I think you should use vibration rather than beeping... one of these perhaps mounted under your seat?
Black DC 12V 3100RPM Vibrating Vibration Motor for Massage Cushion: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Pretty soon you'll be wanting to take ever turn you come across!~

Seriously though, this might work well. Buzz, buzz, buzz! Personally, I am really trying to just make it habit. When I go from 1st to 2nd I hit the cancel button and hope that it becomes so automatic that I never forget.

EDIT: This one looks good - due to shape it would be easy to mount with a doublesided tape or something like that:
DC 12V Massage Cushion Vibrating Vibration Motor Carbon Brush + Shell For DIY | eBay

Last edited:
Have not tried one. With poor hearing plus wearing ear plugs, it would have to blow the horn for me to notice.

The turn signal relay relay is under and just rearward of the fake duct cover on the left side (when seated on the bike). The cover can be removed after taking out one screw and one clip fastener.

Thanks for the location.... It is said that these beepers are pretty darn loud - many taped the hole to reduce it...

I think you should use vibration rather than beeping... one of these perhaps mounted under your seat?
Black DC 12V 3100RPM Vibrating Vibration Motor for Massage Cushion: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Pretty soon you'll be wanting to take ever turn you come across!~

Seriously though, this might work well. Buzz, buzz, buzz! Personally, I am really trying to just make it habit. When I go from 1st to 2nd I hit the cancel button and hope that it becomes so automatic that I never forget.

EDIT: This one looks good - due to shape it would be easy to mount with a doublesided tape or something like that:
DC 12V Massage Cushion Vibrating Vibration Motor Carbon Brush + Shell For DIY | eBay

Interesting idea...!

Not getting into your business......... but why not try to use the turn signal every turn every time no matter what the situation then thumb it off every turn every time no matter what. If do this every time for a short while you will train your brain, well, you know.

It's a lot cheaper, lots easier, and it works on every bike you'll ever ride from now on. (Except some bikes with non-standard switch locations.)

This also works on horn buttons.

Found some more info - may guide you to making a circuit that will not buzz when the brakes are on (or hazards)... which would be nice when sitting at a stop rather than BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ all the time

CHET'S BUZZER FOR BIKES
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/105487-turn-signal-beeper-piezo-buzzer.html

If anyone wants to figure this out and map out exactly what needs to be connected where, much appreciated. I don't understand any of this well enough to figure out the "putting on the brake light will kill the ground for the buzzers and they will be silent"

Not getting into your business......... but why not try to use the turn signal every turn every time no matter what the situation then thumb it off every turn every time no matter what. If do this every time for a short while you will train your brain, well, you know.

It's a lot cheaper, lots easier, and it works on every bike you'll ever ride from now on. (Except some bikes with non-standard switch locations.)

This also works on horn buttons.

I had several different replies to this and ended up deleting them all. I'll just say thanks for the advice and move on...

Found some more info - may guide you to making a circuit that will not buzz when the brakes are on (or hazards)... which would be nice when sitting at a stop rather than BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ all the time

CHET'S BUZZER FOR BIKES
turn signal beeper - Piezo buzzer - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

If anyone wants to figure this out and map out exactly what needs to be connected where, much appreciated. I don't understand any of this well enough to figure out the "putting on the brake light will kill the ground for the buzzers and they will be silent"

An even better idea... Thanks!

I did it Chet's way on my first bike, a 1974 Suzuki 250 2-stroke. The horn buzzer was LOUD and worked well to "remind" me to switch off the signal.
Easy to install. Easy to put together.

Last edited:
I did install the Smart Turn self canceling unit. Works perfect..........you do lose the four way flashers function ( but I never used them any way).

I gave up. This damn Honda puts the button in the wrong spot from every other bike I own. So I just stopped using them.

I bought a 2 pin turn signal relay with a buzzer, but when I went into the left duct, I couldn't find the original - more research is needed.

Here is something what i had on my previous bike.
ba4035862d2cea2e0361d3e3e1d54431.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back