• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tubeless tire repair kit question

janea

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a question (maybe a silly one) regarding tire repair kits available on the market.

I was browsing through the available options and came across GIVI S450 that comes with tiny CO2 cans. I wonder (and wanted to confirm at the same time), are the CO2 cans needed in case one does not carry an air pump? Just wanted to make sure it isn't some special gas mix or what not that needs to be used when repairing a tire with this type of repair materials.

Ultimately, since I have an air pump, I would think it is logical to just go for a kit that comes without the CO2.

What do you folks think?

Thank you in advance,
Janea

It takes more than a few of those CO2 bottles to fill up a tire. Never really made much sense to me. A small pump ( and there are many good ones!) has always worked for me, even on car tires.
* I carry both the Stop-n-Go kit, and some gummy worms.

It takes more than a few of those CO2 bottles to fill up a tire. Never really made much sense to me. A small pump ( and there are many good ones!) has always worked for me, even on car tires.
Thanks @Klap!

Any tire repair kits you'd recommend?

I've used the 2 T-handled tools and gummy worms many, many times in my 55+ years riding and driving. I removed the plastic to down size the smallest 12V pump available with extended alligator clip leads.
I keep all this in a soft bag and have done repairs on the road. Honda autos use Slime and 12V pump; no spare tire.

Back