• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trunk Lock Recall

If your motorcycle is on the recall list and you are the person who bought the bike new, Honda will send you a letter. If not 1st owner you will have to call Honda service.

it is better to diy lock using metal like this
IL9SMgq.jpg

the problem is plastic notch
zkUwsMm.jpg

Last edited:
If your motorcycle is on the recall list and you are the person who bought the bike new, Honda will send you a letter. If not 1st owner you will have to call Honda service.

That would explain why I haven't received any recall letters. Bought the bike with 3,500 miles from the dealer. I've neglected to change the display to fix the trip meter issue and I won't go to the dealer unless the trunk gets stuck closed.

IL9SMgq.jpg

zkUwsMm.jpg

OMG do you have contacts for that metal replacement part? Cuz that's SO what I need!!
Where or what website or whatnot?!?

I've contact Honda a few times to see if they have a replacement for mine because I have had a similar issue to ya'll as well but honda's about as helpful as an umbrella in a hurricane.

Thx

I know this is a zombie², but does anybody know where you can get METAL parts like below, for the frunk lock mechanism? Buying the original one again is just treating a symptom and not the cause.
IL9SMgq.jpg

zkUwsMm.jpg

My son has a 2014 and did not get a notice.
We do press down on the lid when opening so as to relive the pressure on the mechanism with thanks to this thread.

I hate that lame f***kin' frunk latch lock furiously.

I own two 2012 Xs and never had a frunk latch problem. Does the issue affect only certain model years? Like Therapy said, I always press down on the frunk lid on rear seat/rack to release pressure on the latch when opening.

I own two 2012 Xs and never had a frunk latch problem. Does the issue affect only certain model years? Like Therapy said, I always press down on the frunk lid on rear seat/rack to release pressure on the latch when opening.
Likewise. I think but am not sure that the mechanism still has that weak delrin part.

Opened up the front center cover area and messed with my frunk latch lock until I got it to work again, at least for a while. I think what was happening is that the u-shaped latch part on the frunk lid was having trouble reaching far enough into the main assembly to trigger the bit that when depressed by it then rotates a hook over it. So I grinded out a little on the upper/inside part of the bottom of the u and squished the two sides of it incrementally with vise-grips until the bottom of the u bent a bit rounder and reached in further.

So with mine anyway, it does not seem like it's an issue with the cable actuating parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back