• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trunk lights

Speedfilm

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my trunk in last week and was wondering about the glass looking things on the sides and rear. They don't appear to be reflective but it seems like they could be modded to have lights or at least reflective tape behind the glass. Anyone try anything like that?

Attachments

• Resized_20200822_204513(2).jpg
    Resized_20200822_204513(2).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 35
Hi Speedfilm; Yep, I am working on adding lights behind the two clear lenses. Inspired by a similar thread on this forum. Here is what I have so far. Still need to put together a wire and connectors so that I can power it off of the tail light wiring. I am going to do running light/brake, and turn signals in mine. I will follow up on this thread when I have made more progress!

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

That's looks great, pretty much what I was thinking. Seems like it should have been a factory option but I was informed Honda no longer even offers the box anymore. My dealer located a handful in North America and I was able to find this one in Virginia.

Wow, NICE work !!

Hi Speedfilm; Yep, I am working on adding lights behind the two clear lenses. Inspired by a similar thread on this forum. Here is what I have so far. Still need to put together a wire and connectors so that I can power it off of the tail light wiring. I am going to do running light/brake, and turn signals in mine. I will follow up on this thread when I have made more progress!

Mine has generic Running & Turn signals stuck on the back with dual sided 3m adhesive tape. The generic lights are NOT as bright as the higher priced lights. At some point I will probably switch to a higher quality light because these are not really visible during daytime hours.
fullsizeoutput-72ac.jpg

My wife's uses ADMORE Lighting kits designed to be installed behind the reflectors of GIVI cases. The reflectors are pretty much reflectors in name only, not very effective. But the lights sure increase your visual footprint at night.

FWIW, the Admore brand lights are visible during daytime riding and very visible at night.
1-D5918-E2-0474-47-C3-8473-3799-BDEB694-F.jpg

Back