• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trim clips - any place cheap or any substitutes ?

Well, I got the first batch of cheap clips. They are pretty close to honda, but they look and feel cheap. Also plastic look a bit different. Not road tested them yet, but the sizes are correct, locking and unlocking works the same way. I think it is safe to use them in some non-critical places.

Has anybody 3d printed these? They're not complicated at all and i'm sure they wouldn't take very long.

SOLUTION - Correct fit and good price.

SOLUTIONS:

1/4" GM style clips are too tight. 1/4" = 6.33mm and the hole is ~ 6.25mm? The clips are NOT a good solution - I tested them on the bike in the parking lot at my local Autostore called O'riley's. The are a poor solution for two reasons: 1. Hard to install & uninstall. 2. Plastic clips are NOT supposed to be super tight to allow the plastic panels to move slightly without cracking.

1. Dorman brand 963-638D "Mitsubishi Bumper Push Rivets" 6mm - awesome and work and fit perfect in every way possible... but the problem is the cost $3.50 for 2 clips (per package).
2. "Lantee 100 Pcs Car Front Fender Skirt Push-Type Plastic Nylon Retainer Clips Fasteners Rivets 15 x 12 x 6mm" $10 for a bag of 100 pieces on Amazon Lantee clips Replaces: Honda 90683-SA5-003 $10 for 100 pieces
  • Black nylon push in type car clips
  • Head Diameter: 15mm, Stem Length:12mm
  • Fit Hole Size: 6mm
  • Replaces: Honda 90683-SA5-003 <----
  • Package Include: 100 pieces car clips

Note on for option #2 Lantee clips - they contain a Philips "screw" in the center but the lines are straight so it does NOT actually "screw / unscrew" when turned it just helps to lossen the clip and then the center pin / screw must be pried up. The fit perfect but don't lock / unlock quite as nicely as the Mitsubishi clips.

TIP: apply a small amount of silicone grease inside and outside on the clips to make them easier to remove in the future.01a_.jpgLantee Clips.jpg

YouTube: I'm working on a short video I made where I measure the original "Trim Clips" aka "tee-clip" and will post a link here when it is finished. This video will give you the confidence that you can order either of the clips above and know that either of the two brands of clips are superior in every way to the Honda oem clips - identical "6mm" fit and easier to lock/unlock AND cost far less.

Last edited:
I replace one of these trim clips maybe every 20,000 miles, or never. I can afford the Honda OEM ones at that rate.

What do you do to these clips that require ever buying more than perhaps 1?

I replace one of these trim clips maybe every 20,000 miles, or never. I can afford the Honda OEM ones at that rate.

What do you do to these clips that require ever buying more than perhaps 1?
I bought the package that juggler showed. I broke two before I figured out how to reset them. Lost one in the bowels of the bike behind some panels. I maintain 2 NC700X'S and wanted some on hand as it would cost me about the same in gas money to go to the dealer to get one or two of them compared to how much I paid for the bag of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

100 clips in a bag would last me well over 500 years at the rate I’m going.

Last edited:
Clips usage...

Unconventional maintenance - I bought my bike used a 2012 with 33K on it. It had been stored outside with no cover on it for its entire life in san diego. As a result rust has set in and destruction of plastics and rubber by the sun. I changed the air filter (it still had the original) recently and a few clips were impossible to take apart without breaking. Also, I removed extra clips on the left side cover to access cheap legacy "motorcycle & scooter" molex connectors and separate them to apply dielectric grease to already corroding connections. Also, a few in the rear when trying to install the stupid oem honda carrier aka trunk rack. Now any time I come across these clips I just exchange them.

If a person never exceeds 10 to 15K miles they will never need to do much more then put gas in the bike. Could even skip oil changes.

Back