Trim clips and bolts on nc700x

Krasimir_r_s

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have just bought the NC700X and started to add stuff to it :)

I had three clips or bolts missing when i bought it.
Went to the local dealer but the guy was not sure what exactly they are, it seemed quite new.
I was trying to find them myself, but no luck. I know the clip oem number, but not sure if this is clip or else.
It is a bout front ... cowl (this is how i saw it in some manuals) and the cover above rear fender.
I am attaching pics.

So the question i have is - what is there in the holes? plastic trim clips or bolts or something else?

anyone with the same bike - what do you have on these places, guys :)

Attachments

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The holes you point out in your photos should have trim clips.

I like the Honda clips. I have never broken or lost one in 8 years. They are super easy to operate. You can buy them from Honda but they are quite expensive.

Janus

Reaction score
Ah the rivet pins. Fun stuff!

If I'm not mistaken it's a Clip, Body (PN: 90683-MBW-003) and is about $1.87 from RMATV&MC. Check out the parts diagram to confirm.

There are many companies which allow you to browse parts diagrams and order parts in a similar manner, RMATV might not be the best for you. I don't get anything for mentioning them.

Congratulations on your new bike, welcome to the club

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah the rivet pins. Fun stuff!

If I'm not mistaken it's a Clip, Body (PN: 90683-MBW-003) and is about $1.87 from RMATV&MC. Check out the parts diagram to confirm.

There are many companies which allow you to browse parts diagrams and order parts in a similar manner, RMATV might not be the best for you. I don't get anything for mentioning them.

Congratulations on your new bike, welcome to the club
Maybe the part number obtained from the Rocky Mountain ATV site can be a help to the local dealer in Bulgaria so they can order the part for the OP. Shipping from Colorado to Bulgaria may be a little expensive. The part number for the clips I’m seeing for a 2012 is 90683-GAZ-003. Maybe the letters changed with a later model year.

Last edited:

Janus

Reaction score
Maybe the part number obtained from the Rocky Mountain ATV site can be a help to the local dealer in Bulgaria so they can order the part for the OP. Shipping from Colorado to Bulgaria may be a little expensive. The part number for the clips I’m seeing for a 2012 is 90683-GAZ-003. Maybe the letters changed with a later model year.

I did pull that PN from a 2017, which would likely be the cause for the difference.

I think RMATV is not permitted to send OEM parts overseas. At least they say they won't do it.

Krasimir_r_s

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, I have been browsing various diagrams, but never saw the the once I need.
I have checked partzilla, hoindapartshouse, bike-parts-honda, etc. :(
The only one i could find was 90683-GAZ-003 but was not sure if this is the right one for all holes :)

There was nothing in the rear fender ... whatever this is called.
For the front section there are two from each side. one is for sure 90683-GAZ-003, there was broken one and I replaced it.
But the other one, the one closer to the handlebar, has screw on that place ...
Attached picture.

Attachments

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my bike (2013 NC700X Man'l), for the area you show in your photo (IMG_0068), both of those are the same plastic rivets/push pins, which look like the bottom fastener (labelled "new one"). The screw on top is not correct and was put in by someone as a replacement.

Krasimir_r_s

Reaction score
That is what i suppose.
Pins ordered, at least they are kind of acceptable price here - just less than a dollar each.
trim clips are on the way,

Thanks a lot, guys :)