• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trade my Seat Concepts seat for your something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Seat Concepts NC700X seat kit installed on a stock seat pan, excellent condition. It does not ft me. Does anyone have another type seat they wish to off-load? I have a Shad and a Saddlemen already. I wouldn't want another Shad but might entertain another Saddlemen. I haven't tried a Corbin for the NC, but their bold advertisement on the side turns me off. I haven't yet tried a Seat Concepts low version. I've also done the Sargent and it didn't work for me. As a last resort, I could even consider a stock seat for some money differential.

Let me know what you've got!

Last edited:
I don't recall your inseam/height, but if you are looking for more comfort and and a teensy bit of height you might try the economical Sit & Fly Seat Cover first. Really made a difference on the NC700X stock seat as well as the Seat Concept seat on my WR250R. The Seat Concept on that machine was an improvement over the stocker, but as you know dualsport seats are modeled after true dirt bike seats and can always use some help when more sit-down riding is usual. Actually I think the Sit&Fly's biggest benefit beyond a little more width and give is the aeration it provides.

I don't recall your inseam/height, but if you are looking for more comfort and and a teensy bit of height you might try the economical Sit & Fly Seat Cover first. Really made a difference on the NC700X stock seat as well as the Seat Concept seat on my WR250R. The Seat Concept on that machine was an improvement over the stocker, but as you know dualsport seats are modeled after true dirt bike seats and can always use some help when more sit-down riding is usual. Actually I think the Sit&Fly's biggest benefit beyond a little more width and give is the aeration it provides.

Sounds good but I don't have a stock seat to try it on. If I did try a Sit & Fly I'd probably put it on the Saddlemen since that's my favorite so far.

Last edited:
I'll be putting a Sit & Fly which for me is a known quantity I consider an improvement for ANY seat, on the Shad -- as soon as I get a chance to ride some 300-mile days on the naked Shad, just to evaluate the Shad on its own.

I just installed the sit & fly cover [I used staples instead of ty wraps] over my stock seat. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet as we've had some bad weather. I ordered the xxl and it looks like I have almost enough for 2 seats. It looks better than I thought it would.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm trying to trade a Seat Concepts, which for me is too tall overall, too squared off under the thighs, and too wide at the front. I'd guess a Sit & Fly could only make the height and width worse.

Getting back on topic, let me know if you're interested in a trade!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm trying to trade a Seat Concepts, which for me is too tall overall, too squared off under the thighs, and too wide at the front. I'd guess a Sit & Fly could only make the height and width worse.

Getting back on topic, let me know if you're interested in a trade!

I modified the stock seat myself and added memory foam while lowering the seat at the same time, it turned out pretty good. but i always wonder if it could be better

I have been meaning to try the low seat option from seat concept. if you do end up trying, please post a review when when have a chance.

If you'd take a '16 stock seat pan, let me know what the $ differential would be, I might be interested. I've been thinking of ordering one and looking at their site I see there's a couple of options, did you get the "CF sides/ gripper top" or one of the other options? Did you send them your pan and have them do the install or DIY? Any pics? I'm 5' 9" with a 30" inseam. I can't quite flat-foot, but can either be on the balls of both feet or flat on one-side/ toes on the other. I test rode the CTX and could easily flat-foot, but I preferred the seating position of the NCX (and the frunk, and the looks of the bike!). I'm fine with how I currently touch the ground, but not sure I would want to lose much more! Any thoughts on this? Thx.

If you'd take a '16 stock seat pan, let me know what the $ differential would be, I might be interested. I've been thinking of ordering one and looking at their site I see there's a couple of options, did you get the "CF sides/ gripper top" or one of the other options? Did you send them your pan and have them do the install or DIY? Any pics? I'm 5' 9" with a 30" inseam. I can't quite flat-foot, but can either be on the balls of both feet or flat on one-side/ toes on the other. I test rode the CTX and could easily flat-foot, but I preferred the seating position of the NCX (and the frunk, and the looks of the bike!). I'm fine with how I currently touch the ground, but not sure I would want to lose much more! Any thoughts on this? Thx.

FezUSA,
I would love to make a trade with you, but I don't think the standard Seat Concepts will work for you. The seat is thicker and its higher and wider at the front. All of that will make is worse for you to reach the ground, worse than stock.

You're welcome to give it a try, but I'm a 32 inch inseam, and the Seat Concepts does not fit me. They do make a low version Seat Concepts, but I haven't not tried one to be able to offer an opinion.

FezUSA,
I would love to make a trade with you, but I don't think the standard Seat Concepts will work for you. The seat is thicker and its higher and wider at the front. All of that will make is worse for you to reach the ground, worse than stock.

You're welcome to give it a try, but I'm a 32 inch inseam, and the Seat Concepts does not fit me. They do make a low version Seat Concepts, but I haven't not tried one to be able to offer an opinion.

Appreciate the honest feedback. We just received replacement cushions for our living room couch so I have the 3 old ones ready to get rid of. If I was to cut one down as a comparison, what kind of dimensions approximately are we talking about? That way I can see the impact to reaching the ground. Thx.

Not sure what year your bike is but if you are still interested in trading your Seat Concepts seat for a 2012 stock seat plus some additional cash, let me know.

Not sure what year your bike is but if you are still interested in trading your Seat Concepts seat for a 2012 stock seat plus some additional cash, let me know.

My bike is a 2012. I will PM you shortly about the trade. Thanks.

EDIT: photos added.

IMG_0101.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0104.jpgIMG_0105.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get rid of the Seat Concepts seat? I want to get something different and since you are close thought maybe I could do a trade or at least take an in person look at it to see if the Seat concepts will work for me? If you still have it let me know.

Sorry, the Seat Concepts is gone. I meant to close the thread and forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back