• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trade 22" Madstad LITE GRAY Glass for a CLEAR one

Motodrocher

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Decided to keep the one I have, like the big mounting plate of the first generation screen better.
Can close the thread now.

I think to get a clear windshield for my Madstad as I'm commuting at night time mostly now. Just checking if anyone would be interested, otherwise I'd sell it and would buy a clear glass.
My windshield is from the first generation of Madstad screens for your bikes.

Let me know

Last edited:
If you are not looking over the top of your windshield it is too tall for you. Rains a little in Vancouver and you don't want to be looking through the wet windshield to see. It can also instantly fog up with a temp or humidity change blinding you if you can't see over top and no windshield wiper to clear it.

My Madstadd is light smoke and looking over top the shield color is a non-issue riding at night.

Thanks, I know that and I adjusted it to look right over it. It works fine for me, but at nights I've noticed it just bothers me more than I need))) When you looking over the windshield you can only see no closer than 15-20 meters, which is more than enough at normal light. My problem is I can't always see the objects on the road from that distance at night and when you see a dark spot on your way it is better to know sooner than meter if it is a crack, bump, roadkill or just a shade or some tar... Moreover at long rides I can lean more or bend my back for a while and I still could ride and see the road the same way as at my normal seatting position. I just decided It would wot better for me.

My experience with clear acrylic shields is the edges are very "bright" and light transmitted through the plastic from the headlight to the top edge of the shield will be a distraction in darkness. Tinted shields, even the lightly tinted ones, minimize this light transmission. Can you not just lower the shield a bit to see over it better at night?

I've heard those edge glowing stories, but do not really care much. My friend just got his new Madstad with a clear glass, will see how irritating is that issue for me.

I sprayed the bottom of my madstad with black plastidip, took care of the shine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I painted the lower 2 inches of my clear Madstad, and blacked out the edge in the same area. I see no headlight or running light transmission through the edge. Before coating the edge it was definitely there and annoying.

Thanks, I know that and I adjusted it to look right over it. It works fine for me, but at nights I've noticed it just bothers me more than I need))) When you looking over the windshield you can only see no closer than 15-20 meters, which is more than enough at normal light. My problem is I can't always see the objects on the road from that distance at night and when you see a dark spot on your way it is better to know sooner than meter if it is a crack, bump, roadkill or just a shade or some tar... Moreover at long rides I can lean more or bend my back for a while and I still could ride and see the road the same way as at my normal seatting position. I just decided It would wot better for me.
Out of curiosity I measured how far out of me my line of sight is over the top of the Madstad and it's 28 feet or 8.5 meters.

Back