• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top speed frustration

Yeah, I know about those long trips. 48 hp is more than adequate to cover more than 1000 miles in 16-18 hours.

It's possible that with stock gearing it would pull it, I don't know. I have the DCT rear sprocket which is 4 teeth smaller than stock, so RPM is significantly lower than most NCs.

I try to avoid freeway but sometimes there aren't any other reasonable options. The NC is good enough on the freeway that I won't trailer it, the WR450 is a different story (although part of that is the maintenance - I'd rather not waste an engine that's only good for 20k miles on the freeway, but it's unpleasant too).
I think it would. 4 teeth smaller would make a huge difference. On my CBR 1100XX the stock USA rear sprocket is 45 teeth. The European sprocket is 44. Dropped my cruising rpm at 60 mph by 300 rpm. Dropping 4 teeth would drop your cruising rpm at 60 by quite a bit. Would improve mpg at 60 or 55 if you didn't crank the throttle. Would slow your acceleration way down too. Did you put that on?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just bought the bike a little over a week ago, from Antarius. I haven't touched the gearing. He used it for freeway commuting. It does seem to get excellent mileage.

I'm considering trying a 15T front sprocket. Normally I like to stay as big on the front as I can, as smaller hurts chain life, but I doubt I'll be able to run a stock rear without a longer chain, so a 15T front is an easier option. 15 isn't too bad either.

Back