• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top case GIVI V40 (Monokey series)

rpvanoyen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I would like to have this top case installed, but does anyone have this exact same case on his/her bike? Do you experience annoying turbulence around the case? Thanks for any reply / advice.

Greetz,
RP

Hi all,

I would like to have this top case installed, but does anyone have this exact same case on his/her bike? Do you experience annoying turbulence around the case? Thanks for any reply / advice.

Greetz,
RP

I have the Givi Maxia 52 liter top box and two Givi E22's on my bike. I haven't really noticed a difference in how the bike handles or any extra turbulence. The bike's miles per gallon (US) takes a significant hit with cases on. With the cases off of the bike I can get the MPG into the low 70's, usual average with all three cases on is low to mid 60's. When the bike was two months old I spent a day flogging the throttle while leading a group of BMW hooligans I know on some shortcuts I knew around central Vermont. With no cases on the bike and just the stock windshield I got a measured 78 MPG. I used the total miles on the ODO and not the trip meters. I didn't believe it and entered 68 or 72 MPG into the Fuelly.com tracker. Lately I've been riding with just the E22's on the bike.

Last edited:
Okay, your Maxia is somewhat wider than the V40, equal height I guess, and no problems felt. That's good, and probably thanks to the sleak design, nice smooth and round.
Mileage with or without, 60 or 70 mpg, it's still a economical bike to have fun with.

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. :cool:

dont have a top case on my NC but i did have one on my former Ninja650 and i did not notice any problems with it. Even at higher speed and on windy mountain roads (160kph)

i did have the smaller case tho but found it to be larger than expected, it held quite a bit of stuff. I had the Monokey B33. Not much smaller than the V40

Back