• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Case Eggs

Joelt9791

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny story to share, well, I'm laughing now, I wasn't a few hours ago.

So one of the guys at work has a chicken coop and sells eggs at the farmers market on the weekends. The chicken are on overdrive right now so he offered to sell his eggs to a few us at work. I bought three dozen on Wednesday ($5) and then left for the week as my children are out of school for spring break and I wanted to spend some time with them. You probably guessed it already, yes I forgot about the eggs until this afternoon.

Well, not that big of a deal right? No, unfortunately the eggs all safely packaged in their carrier didn't exactly survive the ride home in my top case. I stuffed a couple of balaclavas and gloves around them but looks like the tops came open and the eggs decided to commit suicide by jumping out. So 36 eggs broken and festering in my top case for 5 days in my warm garage. I am going to remember this smell for a while. Soaking all my gear right now, hopefully the smell will come out. I scrubbed my case three times and I don't smell anything right now. I had an MP3 player in their too but fortunately it was my swimming one and is scrabbled egg proof. I sure hope I don't make this mistake again!

Ugh! Was going to make a terrible egg-pun-joke but decided you had suffered enough. Hope everything gets cleaned up and deodorized okay.

I left a chicken in the trunk of a car one time. It was summer in Louisiana, and a hot one. It was six months before the smell was gone��

It's like riding in the back of a bus. You feel the bumps a lot worse than the people up front. When you look in your mirror it doesn't seem like the topbox is bouncing that bad but I imagine it is. I never would have though the boxes would open though. Bring some electrical tape next time and tape the cartons closed. I doubt you try it again though.

I left a chicken in the trunk of a car one time. It was summer in Louisiana, and a hot one. It was six months before the smell was gone��

HaHa Mike, I bet you've still got to shoo the gators away when you park in the sun too long.

Lysol finally got rid of the smell in the case but I am washing my gear for the second time. Eventually the smell will go away I hope.

Back