• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Box Reflection

D

danrev

I'm thinking of trying to do something to make the Honda OEM Top Box more reflective. Honda put the clear plastic strip around the back and sides, but did not make it reflective. The easiest thing would be to add some reflective tape on top of the strip, but this may look a bit hokey. I was wondering, if the strip can be removed, would it be possible to put reflective tape underneath and replace the strip? I don't know if the reflective tape would show through the plastic or not. Never done something like this so any suggestions will be helpful.

I put reflective tape on the lower part of the box, just below the opening (red on the back, white on the sides), as I didn't want to mess with removing Honda's plastic strip. Not sure why they didn't make it reflective in the first place though...

I have a red reflective triangular sticker near the lock and I intend to put some black reflective tape around the edges Before anyone says anything YES! I know it needs washing :)
dcp_4283_zps1528aa6d.jpg

I have a red reflective triangular sticker near the lock and I intend to put some black reflective tape around the edges Before anyone says anything YES! I know it needs washing :)
dcp_4283_zps1528aa6d.jpg
bloody elly thats a big lunch box considering its your getting to work bike!

The clear lens around the outside of the box comes off with 3 screws each side. Very EASY.........

There is a thin reflective strip under the lens stock. As a sample replaced the stock reflective strip with SOLAR 3M strip (white) and a small piece of red ( red color in photos off due to camera not actual color) The sample strips are NOT trimmed to fit perfect this was just a test:

IMG_2096.JPGIMG_2095.JPGIMG_2101.JPGIMG_2098.JPGIMG_2099.JPGIMG_2100.JPG

Finished product, standard reflective "trailer" tape applied to the stock inner reflective liner. Red is more red in real life.

IMG_2102.JPGIMG_2104.JPGIMG_2106.JPGIMG_2108.JPG

Thanks much, showkey. You've answered my original questions perfectly. I will move forward with this project.

Finished product, standard reflective "trailer" tape applied to the stock inner reflective liner. Red is more red in real life.

View attachment 3084View attachment 3085View attachment 3086View attachment 3087
Almost 10yr anniversary of this thread. This was exactly what I thought of when looking at this strip. Also wondering why Honda didn't include highly reflective strip under it. Well good work and thanks for posting this as it's still helping others many years later.

Attachments

• top box 3M.png
    top box 3M.png
    2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I added LEDs to mine, both brake and turn signal. There is a y-splitter that plugs in to the tail light connectors (no wires needed to be cut), and a connector on the box. The cable tucks under the rear seat when it is not in use.

It was a somewhat big project, but worth the effort. I think it turned out great. Unfortunately there is not an off-the-shelf kit to do this for the OEM top box.

Back