• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tool kit for NC750X DCT

Sloliver9029

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a new 2020 NCX and I think I’m in love. Opened the “tool kit” and found a reversible screwdriver, an Allen wrench (?), a helmet strap and a fuse holder. The IPC lists several wrenches and miscellaneous items. My sales person said that the missing items are optional. What does everyone else get? I know they’re crap tools but still...

Attachments

• BE7F443D-31BB-4908-B0FD-7C7790E0A802.jpeg
    BE7F443D-31BB-4908-B0FD-7C7790E0A802.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 9898E190-F533-46F7-8335-697DD1C43E8E.jpeg
    9898E190-F533-46F7-8335-697DD1C43E8E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
huh, mine didn't come with any of that. must have been accidentally removed by the PO. I had to build my own tool kit. So, over the last 3 years each time i work on the NC i keep only the tools necessary to complete the job. My thoughts were, than if i ever need to complete a task while on the road i could do so! All of them fit nicely into a large MSR adventure tool kit bag kept in the frunk! :{)

huh, mine didn't come with any of that. must have been accidentally removed by the PO. I had to build my own tool kit. So, over the last 3 years each time i work on the NC i keep only the tools necessary to complete the job. My thoughts were, than if i ever need to complete a task while on the road i could do so! All of them fit nicely into a large MSR adventure tool kit bag kept in the frunk! :{)
Whats in the bag?

last year or so someone started a thread on the "Contents of your Frunk" and many folks took pictures of their bikes/Frunk and tools. I'll have to dig mine out and lay everything out with a complete list of the contents for all to see.... someday lol :{p

Last edited:
When I bought mine used it came with everything less the helmet hanger. I think of it an an emergency kit. For example my mirrors have been bumped requiring a proper tighten while out and about.

Last edited:
I just purchased a new 2020 NCX and I think I’m in love. Opened the “tool kit” and found a reversible screwdriver, an Allen wrench (?), a helmet strap and a fuse holder. The IPC lists several wrenches and miscellaneous items. My sales person said that the missing items are optional. What does everyone else get? I know they’re crap tools but still...
That's about what my 2020 came with also. I thought about bringing it up, but I only use my bike for commuting so I don't even bother with keeping a tool kit on it. I figure if it can be fixed with those basic of tools I can probably limp it home anyway. If I can't limp it home, it will probably require more than a screwdriver and a couple of wrenches to fix anyway.

I don't even remember what I did with the one that came with it honestly. It was also missing the rubber band to keep it in the frunk so I just took it out and put it somewhere.

If I was touring with it or doing any sort of off road riding that would be a different story. But even then, I would bu,y or put together my own, with better quality tools.

I just picked up a new 2020 as well, Initially I had no tool kit at all, I went back to the dealer and they found it on the tech's bench that built the bike.

However, the items I have in mine are exactly the same as yours...

Whats in the bag?

Alright Hawke'r here is the MSR Tool Bag and all of it's contents. Keep in mind this is not for everyone, it's just what i like to carry. Every tool i have ever used on the bike over the last three years i keep in the MSR tool bag. My thoughts are, that when i'm out riding in some of the remote locations i often find myself in i can repair, adjust or fix just about anything! :{)
frunk contents3.JPG

Frunk MSR tool bag.JPG

Frunk MSR tool bag contents.JPG

Yes, i actually carry all of that with me on the bike, every day.
*Slime 12v air pump kit
*plug kit
*patch repair kit
*premium low psi motorcycle tire gauge
*folding razor knife
*LED flashlight
*blue hospital rag(they're the best).
*7 srand Mil rope
*small piece of machinists sandpaper
*4-way tire valve tool
*1/2" Snap-On ratchet, 27mm socket, 17mm allen socket
*3/8" Snap-On ratchet, 7/8", 3/4", 7/16", 5/16" sockets
*1/4" breaker bar(2), 10mm deep and standard sockets
Gear Wrenches=
*17mm, 14mm, 12mm, 10mm(2), 8mm, 1/2", 7/16"
*8" left handed metric Crescent Wrench
*electrical pliers
*Sm pliers
*Sm channel locks
*Sm vise grips
*Sm wire/side cutters(you can't call them dikes anymore i'm told).
*Sm pk Allen wrenches Metric/Std
*Sm screwdrivers Std/Phillips
*Plumbers Tape(metal banding with holes).
*Sm Telescoping magnet(invaluable).
*wire tester
*Electrical tape, Bla/SiL
*Sm pack of wire connectors, fittings, crimps etc
*Sm pack of misc bolts, nuts, washers etc
*Sm pack of self tapping screws
*Sm bottle of Marvels Mystery Oil, premeasured lines for the NC(i pour some in every other tank or so).
*new 520 master link with sm grease packet.
*Chain Alignment/Adj tool
(pocket knife and Leatherman Multi-tool carried but not shown haha!

So there you have it, again these are not for everyone, just what i like to carry.

Alright Hawke'r here is the MSR Tool Bag and all of it's contents. Keep in mind this is not for everyone, it's just what i like to carry. Every tool i have ever used on the bike over the last three years i keep in the MSR tool bag. My thoughts are, that when i'm out riding in some of the remote locations i often find myself in i can repair, adjust or fix just about anything! :{)
View attachment 42811

View attachment 42807

View attachment 42808

Yes, i actually carry all of that with me on the bike, every day.
*Slime 12v air pump kit
*plug kit
*patch repair kit
*premium low psi motorcycle tire gauge
*folding razor knife
*LED flashlight
*blue hospital rag(they're the best).
*7 srand Mil rope
*small piece of machinists sandpaper
*4-way tire valve tool
*1/2" Snap-On ratchet, 27mm socket, 17mm allen socket
*3/8" Snap-On ratchet, 7/8", 3/4", 7/16", 5/16" sockets
*1/4" breaker bar(2), 10mm deep and standard sockets
Gear Wrenches=
*17mm, 14mm, 12mm, 10mm(2), 8mm, 1/2", 7/16"
*8" left handed metric Crescent Wrench
*electrical pliers
*Sm pliers
*Sm channel locks
*Sm vise grips
*Sm wire/side cutters(you can't call them dikes anymore i'm told).
*Sm pk Allen wrenches Metric/Std
*Sm screwdrivers Std/Phillips
*Plumbers Tape(metal banding with holes).
*Sm Telescoping magnet(invaluable).
*wire tester
*Electrical tape, Bla/SiL
*Sm pack of wire connectors, fittings, crimps etc
*Sm pack of misc bolts, nuts, washers etc
*Sm pack of self tapping screws
*Sm bottle of Marvels Mystery Oil, premeasured lines for the NC(i pour some in every other tank or so).
*new 520 master link with sm grease packet.
*Chain Alignment/Adj tool
(pocket knife and Leatherman Multi-tool carried but not shown haha!

So there you have it, again these are not for everyone, just what i like to carry.
Awesome.
Thanks for the tool dump, I've spent most of my life in the trades, and I kinda got a thing for a man's tools...err...
I like the idea of building a kit the way you have, def prepared, and the kind of guy I want to run into if I am having problems.

Back