• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Took a ride today, to use my gift card

ronsaw

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to the dealer yesterday, as I had a gift card from the Dealer that was part of my NC purchase last year. Closing in on a year since I purchased it, and the gift card expired soon.

Saw a late-model, clean VMax inside (walk right past it, Ron...).

Quick background, my late father in law had a 1986 in flawless condition since new - with a 60HP nitrous oxide kit he installed. That bike could haze the tire in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on the bottle. He could be sitting straight upright, running hard through the gears, and neck and neck with me...while I was on my ZX9R in a race -tuck...AND WAS RIDING TWO-UP with his wife. This is no B.S. - this thing ran HARD.

OK back to yesterday. My salesman recognized me, saw me looking at the VMax...and waited to approach until I threw a leg over. "Lets take it outside". Oh, come on, just looking..."really, why?"
Vmax1.jpg

Outside it goes - "you rode in, right?"

Well yeah, but -

"Here we are...see you in a few"

"Huh? - Well"

Key on - Brap Brap Brap!!!
Vmax2.jpg

First gear - nice and easy...wow.

Second - ok let's roll into OH - MY - GOD - I'M - LOOSING - GRIP - YOU'VE - GOT - TO - BE - FREAKING - KIDDING - ME!!

Go back - go back -

OK blood pressure dropping - that was, just, damn....

I left on my NC, gift card used, with a pair of summer riding gloves and some oil and a filter.

The VMax is an "extra" bike to someone who can afford one - a heavy, strong armed muscle bike, that shakes heads, eats fuel (80-90 miles per tank) and looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime. Completely unnecessary for me (I would get in trouble or worse anyway). It is like having an big powered musclecar in the garage that you turn loose now and then. IT IS INSANE!

I love my Honda - it is not going anywhere.

But holy smoke show Batman.

Too bad your gift card wasn't for 19 or 20 thousand. And what's 25mph when you're sitting on 175 hp.

Not my cup of tea styling wise. That huge cone of a muffler have to go for starters. And paint the intakes and side panels black!

You are one lucky guy. There aren't a lot of folks that get an unexpected test ride on a V-Max.

What an awesome machine. If I ever had more time and money than I could use, I'd get one. But until I find that pot of gold, the NC is just fine for me.

At the races a few years ago a guy had one with straight pipes, when he fired it up it sounded like a very healthy V-8 from a hotrod.
I'm too cheap to use a bike where I can see the tank dropping by the mile.

That fits the definition of "Toy." The NC is fun, dependable and practical transportation.

Back