• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tires that fit the NC700

What type of tire do you have installed on your Honda NC

• 10% On Road / 90% Off Road

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 40% On Road / 60% Off Road

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • 60% On Road / 40% Off Road

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • 70% On Road / 30% Off Road

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • 80% On Road / 20% Off Road

Votes: 36 11.4%
  • 85% On Road / 15% Off Road

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 90% On Road / 10% Off Road

Votes: 26 8.2%
  • 90% On Road / 10% Track

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • 95% On Road / 5% Off Road

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • 100% On Road

Votes: 188 59.5%

• Total voters
forget that heidenau. get the mitas e-07 if you want 50/50.

Thanks for the info Greenboy. I've used post #45 from this thread as a reference. Mitas are not mentioned there (I’ts an old post). After your post and Google search, Mitas references popped up. They are getting better reviews compared to Hedienau.

I was going to go TKC80 front and Mitas E-07 rear, but ended up getting a Shinko 805 for the rear instead. It probably won't last as long but I have been impressed with it so far and it was 1/3 the cost.

The TKC80 front Mitas E-07 rear combo lasts an easy 8,000 each for me. I'm a heavy rider and run 30psi in the front and 36psi in the rear.

The Mitas is a little expensive but I really like having a rear tire that lasts as long as the front.

That's actually good mileage for a tire that does as well as it does on hardpack, in rock and gravel, and still runs so nicely on pavement. But I have seen a lot of reports of considerably more mileage yet out of it.

Thanks for the info guys. Most likely I’ll go with TKC/Mitas combo. I’m planning to tackle Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (I did not use acronym due to the family friendliness of this forum) this spring, but I still need tires that inspire confidence on wet pavement. Of course, being disappointed with Dunlop Trailmax short shelf life, getting 8000 miles out of one set of tires matters as well.

Thanks for the info guys. Most likely I’ll go with TKC/Mitas combo. I’m planning to tackle Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (I did not use acronym due to the family friendliness of this forum) this spring, but I still need tires that inspire confidence on wet pavement. Of course, being disappointed with Dunlop Trailmax short shelf life, getting 8000 miles out of one set of tires matters as well.

Thanks for mentioning the Wisconsin trail! I was not aware of it. It is fairly local for me and I'd like to give it a try this summer or next. I'm prepping an NC for light trail duty so this would be a good test.

Thanks for mentioning the Wisconsin trail! I was not aware of it. It is fairly local for me and I'd like to give it a try this summer or next. I'm prepping an NC for light trail duty so this would be a good test.

It definitively looks like fun. Based on my couch surfing research, the trail has only one technical portion (deep sand); however, if you choose to up the difficulty level, there are several ATV/dirt bike trails that you can take along the way. Camping grounds are also readily available. Once I start preparing for the trip, I’ll start a new thread.

What kind of mileage did you get from the Commander 11 on the rear? I always have had H rated tires with no trouble and great for mileage.

Since the Mitas E-07 isn't available in a size for the NC's front (sadly), what are everyone's thoughts on going with the Mitas E-07 on the rear with a Shinko 705 on the front?

I know some folks run the Mitas E-07 on the rear with a Shinko 805 or TCK80 up front, but I'm thinking the 705 would be a bit better for applications where long stretches of freeway/paved roads are encountered, but still a good combination for more rugged terrain.

?

Want something that sticks in the wet way better than the Shinko 705 (and also lasts way longer according to a lot of others though I still haven't had it long enough to be sure)? Avon Trailrider. Should be nice with the E-07.

Avon's definitely have good reviews, but seem to be twice the price. Hmm.. too bad we can't just get the E-07's up front too.

Twice the price maybe, but it's multicompound for both longevity and traction on many surfaces. Probably cheaper in the long run. I never thought 705 stuck as good. E-07 costs more than some other tires too. And it's worth it.

Coming to think of it, I don't see people knocking other multicompound tires for wet traction or longevity. I think you get what you pay for here. But we all go through the rounds trying to find the ultimate ; }

PR4's are multi compound and work great in wet weather, my last set was replaced in March so they were already pretty worn down in the rainy season and they still got great traction even leaning into corners once they were warmed up

Howdy,

I bought my 2012 nc700x about 3 months with about 5500 miles on it. Everything on the bike was stock, including the tires (Metzlers). I've since added ~1000 miles and yesterday I realized it was time for a new rear tire...

tire2.jpg tire1.jpg

I've called some of my local (Houston) shops, and they were all quoting me +$200/tire plus labor.

After reading through this thread I have just ordered, what I believe, are very good tires at an incredible price:

Rear - CONTINENTAL MOTION 160/60ZR-17 M/C (69W), REAR - $83.01

Front - CONTINENTAL MOTION 120/70ZR-17 M/C (58W), FRONT

I can't wait for them to get here :rolleyes:

This will be my first time changing tire, so I would appreciate any tips, links and ideas on equipment, how-to's, etc.

Thank you everyone for this great thread/forum :eek:

Opinions please.

I'm torn between the TKC-70 and Avon Trail Rider.

I have Shinko 705 s on right now. The rear is wearing pretty quick and the wet pavement traction is terrible. Maybe it's just the way I ride but this bike burns though rears. The stock Dunlop (terrible) only lasted 1300mi.

I'll probably keep the 705 on the front. I'm doing mostly road over rough pavement and occasional gravel road and track. Conti Trail Attack may also be an option but might look weird with the 705 up front.

p.s. no flack about mixing tires, I've done it before and I'll do it again.

~Travis

Just put the Shinko Sr777 (160/70/17) on the rear. The Shinko Raven rear got 8000 miles before the wear bars were wearing...Hope to get a more miles out the sr777, if not, I will go back to the Raven-very good tire. I ride mainly asphalt, but will ride gravel if needed, but I do not ride single track, so street tires are my main tires..I have to see if I can feel a difference with a Raven up front and a sr777 on the rear...shouldn't be as the tread patterns are similiar.

Hello everyone!
Currently Running Pirelli Angel GT tires, need to change them

Options:
Pirelli Angel GT 2
Michelin Pilot Road 4

However: I'm Considering getting a 90/10 Tire since I saw myself getting on some dirt roads (nothing too fancy) and would like a slightly better behaving tire off-road.

Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2.
Has anyone tried them out? How grippy are they ON road? In the Wet?

Which would you recommend for 100% on-road and 90/10 Off-road? Is there a big difference in on-road grip? Thanks guys!

Back