• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

tires done after 4000 miles

Edword

Reaction score
Visit site
April got new pirelli corsa MT60 no tred left on back dont peel out or lock brakes just ride alot is this normal wear or did I get some tires that sat in a warehouse rotting for years. what are some good tires

They say a tire should be replaced at 6-10 years REGARDLESS of millage, so take that into account when buying new tires. I would refuse a tire older than 3 years,not that i would not wear it out by the 6 year limit,but the life in the tire diminishes over time.

April got new pirelli corsa MT60 no tred left on back dont peel out or lock brakes just ride alot is this normal wear or did I get some tires that sat in a warehouse rotting for years. what are some good tires

Not all tires are created equal. Some last longer than others and some grip better than others. It all boils down to the compound of the rubber. Softer compounds grip better, but do not last. Harder compounds may not grip as well, however than last longer. You have to ask yourself which of these qualities do you desire.

The average motorcycle tire last 4,000 to 6,000 miles with normal driving conditions, that's a fact these days. Racing like a Mad Man on the track or doing burn outs will shorten their life significantly.

I've heard stories of people wearing out tires in a single trip up the canyons and in the twisties. It all comes down to the type of riding and tires that you have selected.

I hope this helps bring things into prospective... :eek:

Pirelli MT60's are a glorified rain tire. 4000 miles is pretty good as they have a very soft rubber. I look forward to spooning a set on my bike.

I just read a comment that said "Pitelli MT60 were developed as a WET DOT tire for supersport racing. They don't last long on the street. A few thousand miles." Having looked at a couple of pics of them I am not surprised at the mileage you quote.

Having tried them, I would recommend Michelin PR3/4's. I also tried Bridgestone T30's which have dual thread technology. The Michelins are marginally better but do not last as long.

Back