• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tire Mileage

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
This bike has been out long enough for people to be wearing out the tires, so what kind of mileage are you getting on front and rear? If you have read this far in the thread mention the brand and style of tire...street or dual sport.

Moin,

my rear tyre Bridgestone BT23 reached 13.500 kilometer (= 8.400 mls) until the TWI in the middle indicated the end. Front tire life ends at the shoulder/edge after 19.500 km (= 12.100 mls)

CU

Knut

From what I have been reading Knut is about average. 8,000 miles for the rear and over 15k for the front. Depending on how much you brake, and how fast you like to accelerate, your millage will vary greatly.

My rear Metzeler has 6000 kms on it and I reckon at best it has another 1500kms left. I recently got 9500kms from a Metzeler Tourance on my Tex. I believe that 17 inch wheels can have high tire wear rates. I am open to suggestion ?

Just replacing my Bridgestone BT023 tires now ~9,300 miles - BUT - the steel belt is just starting to show through in the middle of the rear tire, should have replaced them earlier, wasn't paying attention. RearTire.jpg

Last edited:
I've got 16.5k on my original Metz front. Rear Metz was corded at 9k.

7.5k on a Dunlop rear road smart 2, and it looks really good still.

My mpg is down to about 50-52 so that should give an indicator of how hard I am on them.

I got down to the cords of mine (same as pictured by jelo) in just under 5700 miles. Most of that was highway miles, with a bit of it splitting traffic, and a spirited canyon jaunt on my way home from work about once a week.

It is a bit concerning, because my 750 Katana can get 8000-9000 miles out of a tire. But I liked the way tire rides, and it seems to do pretty well in the twisties. So, I replaced it with the same tire.

I got about 8,000 miles out of the OEM Metzeler Z8. Still wearing the OEM front tire at 13,000 miles, the replacement Z8 is wearing about like the first one and I think the front will be done when the second rear is.

I like the OEM Metzelers but have to decide whether to replace with another set of them or switch to Michelin Pilot Road 3s. I think the PRs will give longer wear - they do on my other bike.

I ride a hard dirt road now and then but literally 98% of my riding is on the street. No pretense of dual sporting for me. For only the occasional unimproved hard pack road I'll stay with a top tier street tire.

Last edited:
Back