• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tips to install battery

muffintop

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a new battery from batterystuff.com. It shipped with a tiny nut that is unable to stay in place. I just cant figure out a way to screw the nut after placing the battery in place. It keeps falling out of place.It doesn't help to have the battery cable be ridiculously short. There is just no room to operate.
Do you guys have any tips?

I have tried to super glue a nut to be in place and I ruined the thread, as a tiny bit seems to have snuck inside the nut.20191225_090804.jpg20191225_090804.jpg

I’ve been known to wedge a toothpick or folded paper behind the nut to keep it in place until the bolt is started.

Modify the battery cable terminals with the side wire cutters to look like spade connectors or change to new spade connectors. That way, you don't have to remove the battery screws completely when you disconnect the cables from the battery.

Thanks! These are great ideas. I ended up sticking something behind the nut to keep it in place.
I will replace the connectors soon. Why don't such smart ideas come to me? LOL!

I jammed a small piece of neoprene behind the nut. It’s beyond me that they sell a battery with this terrible attachment system.

Hold the nut forward with a screwdriver behind, 'till the nut catches on the thread of the bolt.
The trick with turning terminal eyelets to forks sounds like a good idea, especially if you off set it a bit to form a hook..

My battery comes with nuts that are big enough to hold itself in. You can probably buy the same nuts in the hardware store.

My battery comes with nuts that are big enough to hold itself in. You can probably buy the same nuts in the hardware store.
I went down this path, and gave up. It was easier to work with what was shipped with the battery. Although the nut that came with mine were superbad. Tiny and super lightweight.

PLEASE to not cut the end of the wire terminal.
Its a ring for a good reason and making it not a ring is not the answer.
Sticking something behind the nut IS the answer.

Back