• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Time for new chain NC700x DCT

Archetype

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

Took my newly purchased 2016 NC700x DCT (it’s got more than 13,000 miles) in for an inspection today. Mechanic recommended getting a new chain, I’ve seen some pretty affordable options but would prefer something that will last, not sure if I need to replace the sprockets too but what chain kits do you recommend?

I just did my chain. D.I.D. 520VX3 (x-ring), and new sprockets.

I ordered from Sprocket Center. They come pre-cut to the correct length (DCT has different number of teeth than man'l), and make their own front and rear sprockets in-house.

Conventional wisdom says not to change the sprocket ratios on DCT, it screws up the shift points in it's software.

What number of links?

How often did you clean/lube the original chain?

I only ask because I got 25k out of the original chain on my 2013 DCT model. When I finally changed to new chain & sprockets, I was almost out of available adjustment at the swingarm.

Last edited:
I just changed my chain at 8700 mi. Stretch wise the chain was still fine, but it probably wasn't regularly lubricated by the previous owner so lots of tight links. When I took the front sprocket cover off I found a collection of little sad dead o-rings that had flung out of the chain piled up.

Back