• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thunderbox

I cannot speak highly enough for installing a "thunderbox", made the additions of additional lights and usb outlets.
There are quite a few contributors on another forum who also really like the Thunderbox power distribution device. It looks pretty slick too. The only issue that I remember being reported (by more than one user) is that certain brands of heated grips interfere with it. They prevented the device from powering off? If I recall, there was a solution (it might have been solved by the manufacturer so could be a non-issue today) and I can't recall what it was. If I find the posts I'll put the link here.

I cannot speak highly enough for installing a "thunderbox", made the additions of additional lights and usb outlets.
Can you post a link to the product, or describe it and how you installed it? I’m not familiar with ”thunderbox”

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ5
What year bike do you have and where did you mount it. I have a 2022 so the battery is located behind the frunk instead of in front of it. Not sure that makes any difference but may make it more of a job depending on where you put it.

Little box with several plug in spots for wiring lights etc--wire direct to battery--when bike is running it powers whatever you have wired to it--when you shut bike off it shuts off after about 5 seconds---easy peasy and no need to modify your wiring harness or add capacitors etc--made by Healtech. Added some LED running/conspicuicity lights to mine --very simple --always on when bike is on -no need to switch them

Little box with several plug in spots for wiring lights etc--wire direct to battery--when bike is running it powers whatever you have wired to it--when you shut bike off it shuts off after about 5 seconds---easy peasy and no need to modify your wiring harness or add capacitors etc--made by Healtech. Added some LED running/conspicuicity lights to mine --very simple --always on when bike is on -no need to switch them
Does it also have any unswitched, 24 hour ports, or are they all powered off when the bike is off? Is each output individually fused?

Edit: I looked at dduelin‘s link above and got some introduction to the product.

Last edited:
I bought the 2x 16a even though I can't imagine needing all the slots. But with the single you get 3x accessories slots So say a USB, foglights, grips.. but then you want gps? Heated clothes? I guess I can imagine needing all those slots.

I bought the 2x 16a even though I can't imagine needing all the slots. But with the single you get 3x accessories slots So say a USB, foglights, grips.. but then you want gps? Heated clothes? I guess I can imagine needing all those slots.
I just purchased the 1x. my thinking was maybe driving lights, GPS, USB charger. Not planning on heated grips but I believe I could manage that also with the 1x model. Thanks for the reply!

Back