• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Throttle Lock?

I've been relatively happy with my cheapo Go-Cruise GoCruise Throttle Control - webBikeWorld for the past 6 or so years and swapping from my previous bike over to my NC700.

I was eyeing the "new and improved" version that appears to have a clever adjuster thingy built in though.

NEW! Go Cruise Aluminum Throttle Lock | Adventure Rider

As a potentially more economical alternative; you could always try the good old standby Caterpillar O-ring method

Cafe Jack: 8M4991 Caterpillar O-Ring Throttle Lock

Last edited:
I've been relatively happy with my cheapo Go-Cruise GoCruise Throttle Control - webBikeWorld for the past 6 or so years and swapping from my previous bike over to my NC700.

I was eyeing the "new and improved" version that appears to have a clever adjuster thingy built in though.

NEW! Go Cruise Aluminum Throttle Lock | Adventure Rider

As a potentially more economical alternative; you could always try the good old standby Caterpillar O-ring method

Cafe Jack: 8M4991 Caterpillar O-Ring Throttle Lock
In a weak moment with $30 in my pocket I bought one in aluminum to replace the old plastic one I use. The thumbwheel on the metal one makes it a tad too thick for me and after one ride I took it off.

There's also this type from Kaoko, although it's a little more expensive.

It also works with the popular Barkbuster guards people put on the NC700X.

[video=youtube;YI_GACkYPZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_GACkYPZA[/video]

Kaoko | TwistedThrottle.com

I got one on sale and fitted it to an ebike throttle and it works as described.

I have the OMNI-CRUISE: Universal Motorcycle Throttle Lock I saw them on advrider, and the owner offered a discount. Looks like they are offering free shipping as well.

As for use, I put it on for the longer rides, tighten it down, and it just works every time, no slippage. Pulling the brake handle or twisting off the throttle will disengage it simply.

There's also this type from Kaoko, although it's a little more expensive.

It also works with the popular Barkbuster guards people put on the NC700X.

[video=youtube;YI_GACkYPZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_GACkYPZA[/video]

Kaoko | TwistedThrottle.com

I got one on sale and fitted it to an ebike throttle and it works as described.
I seem to recall that getting the NC's bar weights on and off can be a complete pain - was it easy to get the Kaoko one to pick up the internal nut and bite?
Mike

I have the brake-away. It works fairly well, but pretty much the only time I use it is to fix my cuffs. Too many hills around here. Probably coulda rode 50 miles at a single throttle setting back in Louisiana.

I seem to recall that getting the NC's bar weights on and off can be a complete pain - was it easy to get the Kaoko one to pick up the internal nut and bite?
Mike

I purchased the kaoko throttle lock and it came in today.
I haven't mess with the handle bar weights as yet. I hope its not a pain in the a*s to take those weights out.

ken

There is nothing easier, cheaper and super quick to install than the "O" ring.
I added the flat washer simply to keep the washer from accidentally being rolled off the end of the grip.
I have had it hold throttle position for at least 10 minutes on several occasions.
IIRC, it cost me a whopping 43 cents and 5 minutes time.

Attachments

• DSCN3693.JPG
    DSCN3693.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 216
There is nothing easier, cheaper and super quick to install than the "O" ring.
I added the flat washer simply to keep the washer from accidentally being rolled off the end of the grip.
I have had it hold throttle position for at least 10 minutes on several occasions.
IIRC, it cost me a whopping 43 cents and 5 minutes time.

What size of O ring is it BerndM? I was thinking about this a try.

I purchased the kaoko throttle lock and it came in today.
I haven't mess with the handle bar weights as yet. I hope its not a pain in the a*s to take those weights out.

ken

I just installed them.
I read the instructions that koako had and the bar weight did not come out.
Used the so called GODZILLA method. Big hammer and a pair of big pliers.
About 2 to 4 whacks and it popped out.
Installation of the koako was easy. Just a matter of a few minutes.
*hardest part was taking out the original bar ends.

Last edited:
Back