• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Throttle lock / cruise control question

• Thread starter Deleted member 8387
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8387

Good morning everyone,

I have Oxford heated grips and also handguards that I think are Honda OEM. In any event, does anyone have a throttle lock/cruise control they recommend that can be used in tandem with them? I don't want the fiasco that I had with the aluminum stealing some of the current/heat to the oxford grips and I don't think I can install one on the end of my handlebars because of the handguards that attach to the end of the handlebars.

Thanks,

Bob / hansonb4

GoCruise should work, its cheap. Some people swear by it.
Atlas should work, it's expensive. Some people swear by it.

Good morning everyone,

I have Oxford heated grips and also handguards that I think are Honda OEM. In any event, does anyone have a throttle lock/cruise control they recommend that can be used in tandem with them? I don't want the fiasco that I had with the aluminum stealing some of the current/heat to the oxford grips and I don't think I can install one on the end of my handlebars because of the handguards that attach to the end of the handlebars.

Thanks,

Bob / hansonb4
I've got the OEM heated grips with Barkbuster hand guards (which have an aluminum "backbone") and have a Kaoko (sp?) throttle lock. It all works fine.

Note that I did have to pull the OEM handlebar end weights and replaced them with the Barkbuster/Kaoko weights. It wasn't that hard.

Kaoko has a new model for the NC750X with barkbusters or OEM guards and heated grips.
Model is HND330. I had a Kaoko on my CTX1300 and have the new one ordered from Twisted Throttle.
Cheers

Not a throttle lock or a cruise control but I have this on a couple of my bikes. It's cheap and works well for me.

FWIW, I do not recommend those for a bike equipped with DCT. My opinion on these on DCT bikes is unwavering, its a bad idea, but your experiences may be different so ignore my opinion as you see fit.

My wife was on my NC750, I had one of those on my throttle. She was stopped at the side of a rural road, next to a corn field. Her jacket(?) or glove)?) got snagged on the rubber protuberance and off she went through the cornfield. Fortunately she quickly realized what was happening and came back out, upright and back to the edge of the road. No harm to her or the bike.

I didn't think much of the incident, just considered it a fluke.

Then my cuff caught on it. Nothing much happened, just an engine blip and moved about 6" forward (had my foot not he brake). But I removed it after that.

Hello,

As my Oxford heated grips were interfering with my throttle lock, I ended up taking off the throttle lock, which is now sitting in my garage. If anyone wants the throttle lock, please let me know and I'll give it to you for free. Please let me know. I live in Arlington, TX but can ship it.

https://brakeawayproducts.com/product/7cp02/

I've used a Go Cruise (the simple version) for several years. Easy to use, easy to install, doesn't get caught up on anything, works with my Oxford heated grips. Kind of silly priced for a simple piece of plastic -- but all motorcycle stuff is silly priced.

Go Cruise

Omni-Cruise
Had to look that one up because I had not heard of it. That is basically the same thing as the Go-Cruise. They work the same way. There are many others that are very similar, essentially this type is an elongated clamp that rests against the brake to hold the throttle in place. There are metal and plastic versions, sold under various brand names.

Back