• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thought I would share, thrilled withthe results

Willie

Reaction score
Visit site

Attachments

• 05C714D4-7375-48BF-A1B9-8472EC2F6632.jpg
    05C714D4-7375-48BF-A1B9-8472EC2F6632.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 552
  • 4EFC664D-B700-434D-85AE-09808A12E133.jpg
    4EFC664D-B700-434D-85AE-09808A12E133.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
That is good to hear Willie. Those are the same lights I installed on my NC - Skookum. I wired them into the bike using a Skene Controller and mounted them on the Givi engine guards. They make a huge difference when I am riding the dark little two-lane road that I use every day during my commute. During the darkest hours of winter, they make that stretch of road a lot more comfortable. Aimed properly, they give me a wider view AND more light intensity down the road.
>T

I went directly off battery with a fuse, just trying to save some cash, the Honda Adaptor relay kit was to much I thought. I put a reminder on my mirror to shut the lights off after the ride.

HarveyM, I will try to get some might immsges, but FYI, they were installed for better daytime visibility, but are very bright.

This may not appeal to some of you, but I wired my supplemental led lights to the high beam contact on my headlight bulb. At 1-2 amps on top of ~5, the existing wiring and switch handles it with no problem in 10,000 miles of riding. I use mainly for visibility during the day (white hot LEDs are attention getting), and the results are startling. At night, I'm on low beam when in traffic and high when on an empty road or to flash when I think a car is not acknowledging my presence.
Setting my beams for best pattern takes some trial and error; I spread them a bit because I am mostly concerned about deer (rural NC).
Simple and very intuitive.
Jim
Plymouth, NC

Hey Willie, did the mounting bracket come with the lights or did you make them? Oh, price of the lights were down to $19 yesterday, I ordered a set :cool:

Great job! I love the position of those. It will certainly help daytime visibility. That is precisely why I added some to my bike, as well. Good thinking to put yourself a reminder about turning the lights off.

Out of curiosity, how much were the harness and relay kit you priced? I believe I paid $35 shipped for both and gives me the option to add more accessories under switched power, rather than straight to the battery. Just wondering if that was the price you were talking about being too high?

Good job, I did very much the same on mine but used mountings from a local light store here in South Africa.

867a3a4a888f22f52dcf1f2da336a8a3.jpg
e1f167d5da300a1ad59d208ef9d60c4e.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes, Brsckets were included, I just had to visit my local Hardware store for longer bolts, Iused stainless steel bolts.

Done. I had ordered the same as Willie, got them mounted with the off/on switch (switched relay to the battery with a 10 AMP in-line fuse). I took some pics, but they are terrible. Better pics at a later time.
I was able to use the original fender bolts on the bike. The mounting screw with the u bracket was not the correct size. The u bracket had little shoulders where the bolt went thru the hole (to keep the bolt from turning) which kept the original fender bolts a tad too short. The u bracket fit over my grinding wheel so I ground down the 2 little shoulders and wallah, the fender bolts were long enough to mount the brackets.

Last edited:
In garage with added lights off:
l4.jpg

In garage with added lights on:
l3.jpg

Night with lights off:
l2.jpg

Night with lights on:
l1.jpg

Bike with lights:
l5.jpg
l6.jpg

I didn't install for added light at night (but there is an improvement). They really can be seen during the daytime hours.

Back