• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

This "slow, boring, commuter bike" reignited my love of riding

Any bike that you can consistently ride at 6/10’ plus is going to be more fun in the real world than a bike you can only ride at 2/10’ or so without losing your license . Face it, if your bike will break the National speed limit in second or third gear you are NOT going to be using that power on a regular basis. My old 900 SS Ducati would hit 100 in third, but was not happy in 6th (lugging) at 65. Iregeared it and that helped a bit, but 5 th and 6th didn’t get a lot of wear…. My old RZ350 was a lot more fun (and even it was a rocket top end wise.

Any bike that you can consistently ride at 6/10’ plus is going to be more fun in the real world than a bike you can only ride at 2/10’ or so without losing your license . Face it, if your bike will break the National speed limit in second or third gear you are NOT going to be using that power on a regular basis. My old 900 SS Ducati would hit 100 in third, but was not happy in 6th (lugging) at 65. Iregeared it and that helped a bit, but 5 th and 6th didn’t get a lot of wear…. My old RZ350 was a lot more fun (and even it was a rocket top end wise.
Absolutely true. I could ride in third gear on the NC for probably 75% of my usual riding. ALTHOUGH…she’s so comfortable at 75-80 that we are already planning longer trips. What a great and rational bike this is. I’m SO glad a Bonneville seller flaked on me and I went with the NC.

Instead of just riding on weekends, I'm a lot more likely to ride the NC every day just for normal stuff.
If I need to run to the store for something, I don't have to take the car.
That's more than you can say about a sport bike, or a most cruisers.
Plus negotiating parking lots is a lot easier with the NC than on a bike with luggage.

Back