• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

This is why you need a skidplate .

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
This what my TCI skid plate looked like after the WABDR !!.
There is no doubt in my mind that the sump would have been ripped off the bike before the end of the first day .
8a0065d3c94e2f6e6ebb6c0e4b013ca4.jpg

7ad7bf2591101f0c1134ec8a58f9eb3a.jpg

5900c7cf5c1919cb1d79ee53fa4dc373.jpg

dbf0f604df3d5447b64f9efb26a1c24d.jpg

85107d609f13b5a85fe4580d65f82bba.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Nortwestrider, I was really impressed with photo of your NC on the side you posted in another thread.
I like TCI design of plate/bars combo - it takes some impact from frame/engine mounts.
I have a bunch of questions if you do not mind:
I gather TCI plate - guards combo does not interfere with Honda OEM center stand ?
Do the bars make their work in a fall ? Are they scratched as well ?
Is it a big hassle to install/remove for oil/filter change ?

It seems I have a problem. I'm n always answering questions directed at Nort. ( Maybe he should get up earlier - lol).
Seven nuts to take off the bottom plate for. an oil change takes about 5-6 minutes.
The plate does not interfere with center stand.
Don't know the answer as to the side pieces. I did drop mine (again) making a turnaround the other day. Only thing scratched was my bar end weight . The Shad side case helped.

Yup the plate works great with my OEM center stand and it takes longer to gather up the tools than it does to take off the plate for a oil change..The right pannier,muffler and bark buster took the hit the side guards didn't hit the ground.

Itlives, thanks a lot ! I will proceed and order it, then probably need to call them first since there is a note from 2014 about delays in production..

Yup the plate works great with my OEM center stand and it takes longer to gather up the tools than it does to take off the plate for a oil change..The right pannier,muffler and bark buster took the hit the side guards didn't hit the ground.

Nort, thanks for your comment! What pegs and barkbusters are you sporting ?

Nort, thanks for your comment! What pegs and barkbusters are you sporting ?

The pegs are EBay specials for a TW200 I believe.The bark busters are from Cycle Gear,they are the adjustable ones that go on sale all the time for $49.

I ordered mine on a Saturday when I was at the TT/overland rally last year and got it Thursday.

I called TCI and they told me they have radiator guard in stock but will have to make more skid plates/guards, and it will take 3-4 weeks. I placed an order for the skid plate - I will not be ready to take my NC for gravel excursions for at least a month, anyway ;) I looked at TCI radiator guard once more and it seems to me it is unnecessary heavy ..

I have the very first ALTRider rad guard ( prototype) but have not installed it,it weighs just a few ounces.
c97f5adef6f304362640272666fdf582.jpg

Last edited:
Back