• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The X-plorer

It is. Would be even more so with a Tidy Tail. But man.......... would that radiator ever take a pounding!!!

looks like a xr650l swingarm and rear wheel, the front forks are also xr650l. I have already bolted up a xr650l front end, to many problems to do this. the forks are about 5mm to small for the nc clamps, but i could make spacers. the front 21 hit the rad, if you went to 19 it still hits, but is very close because of the offset front axle. no one makes a brake rotor that will fit the xr65ol hub that is bigger, will need to go to a crf450 front hub, and re lace it. The offset axle is going to lengthen the wheel base 1.5 inch, this will slow the steering down, and make high speed handling better, but may want to push the front end in dirt? The steering head angle needs to be brought back to offset this axle type. I could cut the steering head off and change the angle, but that would bring the wheel back, and hit the rad. I have already made a set of triple clamps that have a different offset with ohlins forks with a leading axle. Maybe i can finish them this winter?
but for now i have all new race tech shock, and fork mods. Dale

Sure I want more ground clearance, but not *that* much. The bike still weighs a ton for anything even remotely off road, and all that poundage up too high? oof! it would truly suck to try and wrangle without probably doing harm to yourself, in way too many easily crashable spots.

Same with super dirt friendly tires and rims, etc. Might encourage too much, to the point of regret. I got my fill of more challenging dual sport with my DR350 anyway, and even with that bike, it was a heavy pig compared to my XR's, and I couldn't get too frisky with where I *really* wanted to go. Then, of course they sucked to ride on the highway for a few thousand km's to go anywhere...

Having the NCX self-limit the places to get into serious trouble, is a blessing in disguise, I think. I wouldn't want to tip the nice balance I'm looking for now, with road comfort and mild dirt tracking. :)

Back