• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The SONDORS MetaCycle has Finally Landed!

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
It’s official; SONDORS has finally ended the bottleneck era of delays with the delivery of their first MetaCycles to the motorcycle community!

Don’t believe us?

The SONDORS MetaCycle, preparing for deliveries around America. Media sourced from Electrek.
The SONDORS MetaCycle, preparing for deliveries around America. Media sourced from Electrek.

A Youtuber named Daniel Kanes has just posted a video about his unit that arrived a day or so ago, alongside a Smith Longworth. Electrek tells us that ‘founder Storm Sondors [is] personally on site for the first Metacycle delivery,’ and we anticipate the updates to continue flooding in as riders all over the country get their prized doorstep packages.

Mind you – we still don’t know how the MetaCycle will hold up to the initial hype, and now the electric small-capacity scoot purportedly boasts, ‘a new style of rim that was not seen on previous production prototype bikes.’

“The new rims have updated spoke mounting points that appear to protrude from the rim, as can be seen in the delivery photo below.”

Bottom line, the apparent hot air of previous promises on delayed due dates is at an end; clients are to expect a price hike from the initial $5,000 to around $6,500, with the specs still showing a claimed top speed of 80 mph (130 km/h) and a maximum range of 80 miles (130 km) per charge.

The SONDORS MetaCycle, preparing for deliveries around America. Media sourced from Smith Longworth on Youtube.
The SONDORS MetaCycle, preparing for deliveries around America. Media sourced from Smith Longworth on Youtube.

Should this bike be what we think it to be, its lean build, portable frame, and light construction will likely put it in direct competition with the Chinese-built Niu RQI.

We’ll keep you updated on anything else that comes down the pipelines; be sure to click that subscribe button, and while you’re at it, head over and support both Daniel Kanes and Smith Longworth as they continue on their SONDORS journey.

Drop a comment below letting us know what you think, and as ever – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from Electrek and Smith Longworth on Youtube*​

The post The SONDORS MetaCycle has Finally Landed! appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

“with the specs still showing a claimed top speed of 80 mph (130 km/h) and a maximum range of 80 miles (130 km) per charge”

I’m betting that “and” should be an “or”. I just hope buyers understand that it won't likely do anywhere near that range at top speed.

Grammar fight!

I think 'and' can be a correct usage, since both of those are posted numbers at unspecified conditions. But 80 miles at 80 miles per hour will definitely never happen!

I am really excited about this and similar bikes being a gateway but also don't think ICE should be phased out. I rode the Empulse TT once. It was a fun but very uncomfortable ride, and I used 30 miles of range in just 6 miles of somewhat spirited on-road riding.

...Drop a comment below letting us know what you think, and as ever – stay safe on the twisties....
From my point of view, this is a collector's edition, a toy that will not have any impact on the development of EV.
Not very useful and doesn't look too comfortable. I wouldn't know what to do with it. Ride several blocks one way and back.
I still don't see the equivalent of a Ford Model T. And I'm afraid I won't see it.

For that money I think they could have put a seat on it. It’s meant to be practical, but I guess a decent size seat didn’t go along with their perceived styling.

Back