• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The red dot on the tire.

2) WEIGHT METHOD
When performing weight match-mounting, the yellow mark on the tire, indicating the point of lightest weight, should be aligned with the valve stem on the wheel assembly, which represents the heaviest point of the wheel assembly. After match-mounting by either of the above methods, the tire/wheel assembly can be balanced.

That’s good info on the Yokohama tire markings. However, my point all along is that the valve stem is quite often NOT the heaviest point of the wheel assembly. If you blindly make that assumption, then the dots on the tire are a waste of time.

Last edited:
Yet another example of a motorcycle wheel that does NOT have it's heaviest spot at the valve, in this case my GL1800. I'm only 1 for 5 on having the heaviest spot at the valve, thereby further supporting my advice that the bare wheel needs to be checked and marked, rather than assuming.

Do you think the dealer checks the wheel balance before mounting the tire? Not a chance.

100_1571.jpg

Marked for future reference.
100_1572.jpg

Back