• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Ole girl

Heh, that is good, and good for you! Until i came here i had never even heard of a motorcycle making it even half of what i see you guys all do. Incredible, i am just a couple of hundred shy of the 20k mark for myself! That was my goal for this riding season, at least before the snow flys here! :{)

I’ve never put that many miles on any one bike. Hat’s Off to you.
I've never put that kind of miles on all my bikes combined. I'm probably somewhere around 75-80k combined street miles between all the bikes I have had. But....if we were to include all the miles I put on dirtbikes and motocross bikes (mainly driven on back roads and dirt roads), then it would probably tip the total over 100k. Lol

Either way, 100k miles on a single bike is a LOT of time in the saddle!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The day I listed my 2005 ST1300 for sale I took these pictures. It had 1875 on the odometer on 2/6/2006 when I brought it home. I saw my bike three days ago - it has 198,xxx miles on it now.IMG_2510.jpgIMG_2504.jpg

Dear lord, that's a crap ton of miles! Daily commuter? I wish I had more time to ride. I have rode my Nomad to work for the past 12 work days in a row, but only about 50 miles round trip. It had 13k miles on it when I bought it over 4 hrs ago, and getting close to 27k now LOL. Of course I have had a few other bikes I've ridden too while owning the Nomad, but still feels like I've ridden it an awful lot to have only put 13k miles on it in 4 yrs.

Before my big crash, I put 20k miles on a ZX10R in 3 yrs and 1 month I bought new, also having one other bike during that time. And I felt like we rode ALL THE TIME back then. I can't imagine clocking 100k on a single bike.

Dear lord, that's a crap ton of miles! Daily commuter? I wish I had more time to ride. I have rode my Nomad to work for the past 12 work days in a row, but only about 50 miles round trip. It had 13k miles on it when I bought it over 4 hrs ago, and getting close to 27k now LOL. Of course I have had a few other bikes I've ridden too while owning the Nomad, but still feels like I've ridden it an awful lot to have only put 13k miles on it in 4 yrs.

Before my big crash, I put 20k miles on a ZX10R in 3 yrs and 1 month I bought new, also having one other bike during that time. And I felt like we rode ALL THE TIME back then. I can't imagine clocking 100k on a single bike.

No commuting. All recreational riding on weekends and vacation trips. A few times in 12 years I rode it to work. ST1300s are sport tourers and easy to ride long distances.

No commuting. All recreational riding on weekends and vacation trips. A few times in 12 years I rode it to work. ST1300s are sport tourers and easy to ride long distances.
That's badass! I'd have to sell my wife before I could ride that much. LOL

Just gotta essplain things more clearly...

View attachment 39207
Speakin' of wheelies, man I miss being able to do em! This was early on, maybe late 2007, even though vid description says probably 08 or 09. I think this was the first year I got that bike, was just getting decent at wheelies, so its a rather short one. I would pay big money to have vids of some of the ones I did later on, few miles long, wheelie'ing around curves, standing up in the seat wheelies, etc. Gone are the glory days....

You can stop watching after the 30 second mark, nothing else happens.

YouTube

Last edited:

Dave,
did you owned/rode ST1100? Can you compare them?

That is awesome! Ownership history? You buy new?

Sorry for the delay, never left the house over the weekend and dont have cell service or Internet at home (deer hunting season started....hehehe)....yea, I bought new with 1 mile on the odo on Oct 4, 2007...during the same time period, I bought a 2009 BMW G650gs (traded for the nc700 in 2013) which I put 33,000+ miles on it,,, bought a 2009 KLX250sf (kept in storage in Florida) now with 4500 miles, and the nc700, now with 55,000+ miles...so in the past 12 years, I have ridden over 192,000 miles...
I commute to work (76 miles round trip) when it isnt raining when I leave for work and we went for 40 days without any measurable rainfall (it is raining now) so it helped. For the past few years, only have made one multi-day trip (to MOs in May on the NC700); the Boulevard is my commute to work bike and the Honda is my weekend bike.

Last edited:
Man that is awesome, and some great dedication. I find myself wanting to ride to work more and more now that my free time for recreational riding has been shortened vastly.

What is the tire choice for the C50 and about how many miles you get per set (or rear if front significantly outlasts the rear)?

Man that is awesome, and some great dedication. I find myself wanting to ride to work more and more now that my free time for recreational riding has been shortened vastly.

What is the tire choice for the C50 and about how many miles you get per set (or rear if front significantly outlasts the rear)?

For the most mileage, the Pirelli MT66 Route 66 Tires are the best I have had...usually 18,000-20000 miles on the front and 15,000-17,000 on the rear (no they do not make these in a size for the NC700)...last swap I decided to try different tires (Kenda in front) and Shinko sr 777 in the rear...-didnt think the bike would actually last till 100,000 miles, put the Kenda on the front with 85,000 miles on the odo and the sr777 on the rear with 90,000 miles on the odo....now the Kenda k761 on the front has lasted for approx 16,000 miles now-was hoping that thing would have wore out by now-I dont like it at all-never have, from day one, riding wise...feels slippery thru the curves-even though it hasnt slipped out, just the feeling...and the sr777, it is about done after 9,000 miles....New set will back to the Pirelli's mt66...

I was wondering for my Nomad, its due a set of tires. I will look into the Pirellis for sure.

It has odd sizes from oem, and there's only a few choices of tires for it without changing sizes and trying other tires....which is what I may do. It has a 170/70r16 rear and 150/80r16 front. Front isn't an issue, as it can be replaced by 130/90r16. Rear, however can be replaced with 180/60 or 180/65, but they say it only leaves like 1/4" clearance from the driveshaft. But, a lot of people have done it without issue so I may change sizes in order to try other tires.

Currently I have just over 10k miles on a set of Avon Cobras, one if the few tires made in the oem sizes. I've been pretty happy with them, and I may just go back with them, but something that lasts longer would be really nice. I might make it to 11k or 11,500 before the Cobras wear out, but much like myself, they are on their last leg.

Dang! Pirelli doesn't make anything near the rear size for my bike in either the MT66 or the Night Dragon. Saw where the MT66 has a 7/8" tread depth! That's crazy!

Back