• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The bane of my existence

Zippersdad

Reaction score
Visit site
This thing...

adame6u2.jpg

How does one reattach it?
(I'm a simple man, so please use small words)

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Pull the depressed tab upward with both finger and the other end (gator teeth) will close allowing you to reinsert the PITA tab! Then you have to redepress it to lock it in place.

Honda official name is trim clip. Instructions for using them are in the U.S. owner's manual.
Push the center in unlocks them and then the whole clip pulls out. To reset it, spread the legs out a little and they will easily push back up and in. The center section will now be raised above the rest of the clip. Insert clip into hole and then push the center section down flush. clip is now locked.

As mentioned already, the illustrated directions for operating the trim clips are found on page 71 of the (U.S.A.) NC700X owner's manual. I like the clips because they are totally reusable and require no tools to operate. Most automotive fasteners are one time use.

Last edited:
So you push the middle in??

I've been fighting with them trying to pull the inner part out, and breaking the little wings over and over again!

Guess I needed to ask the lady from Philadelphia.

Yep, push in the middle to unlock them. As 670 said, the manual has good illustrations. pg 71.

I like them. Much easier to use than others I've ran across on various vehicles.

Back