• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

That horrible time is here again - Major Service !

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate these things!----- I like these things!

Setting the valves----- Hydraulic lifters

Changing chain and sprockets----- Shaft drive

12000 to 15000 mile tires----- 21000 to 25000 mile tires

Bikes that weight over 500 lbs.----- Bikes that weight less than 500 lbs.

Engine puts out less than 75 hp----- Engine puts out over 75 hp

12000 mile major services----- 24000 mile major service

Under 55 mpg----- Over 55 mpg

Seat height over 30 inches----- Seat height under 30 inches

Oil change under 6000 miles----- Oil change over 6000 miles

Cruiser styling----- Adventure styling

Brake fluid change at 12000 miles----- Brake fluid change every 24000 miles

30000 mile brake pads----- 60000 mile brake pads

Cooling fluid change every 12000 miles----- Cooling fluid change every 24000 miles

Reality----- Nice Dream

So, I have a bad few days of major service again!

Ain't no perfect motorcycle yet!

Last edited:
Well, if you didn't ride so much, you wouldn't have to do so much maintenance. Of course, that would mean not riding as much...blech.

Blech is an exclamation of disgust.

Never seen a motorcycle that bleched me!

However, Maintenance is a loss of Riding time. Now that does "Blech" me.

I have riden the Zero- electric motorcycle.

If we were willing to embrace electric and as tech advancement allows . An electric bike can solve lots of this regular maint. it goes the same for cars.

no more fluid changes- except brakes
no transmission to break
no valve to adjust
is belt driven- they could make a shaft - but would need fluid - so belt is good.
no spark plugs.
no lubing of chain

this apply to electric cars too---- imagine never do a oil change again!!

i do hope they make tire last longer while having the same or more grip... essentially like car tires.

but the problem is charging time, if they can give me a full charge in 5 min like we fill our gas tank, i think people would be all over.

give us cheap battery that can easily be replaced. i think all of these thing will be capable in my lifetime.

battery are known to last over 150k before they have mayor degrade. and electric motors are know to last over 300k . electric vehicle require less part to make and less part to replace when they break. electric cars and motorcycle will deeply cut into dealers pocket. but would actually be great for the consumers if can find way to greenly make battery and produce electricity from mostly the sun.

most car manufacturers have electric cars only because the law demand them to sell it. not because they want to help the environment or the consumer

their 2015 model of zero motorcycle was just released, I had made a survey and been in touch with people at zero motorcycle for a while. i told them the bike need to be cheaper, have abs, better suspension, more grip on the tires. --- and yes they also have a storage like the NC

well they did just that for 2015 model
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

but still over the price that i think the bike should be. i think the S should be at 7k-8k, while the SR should be at 8k-9k.

Last edited:
The ad says 185 mile city range. I wonder, is the highway more, or less?

highway is less, the sustain speed will reduce the range in great amount.
go under specs you will see this info,

they have demo ride very often. i have ridden the old 2014, now i will schedule to do the 2015

Last edited:
Some sort of communist conspiracy here, my parts won’t be here until the 10th of the month. My wife really got mad, as she has already pulled my sprockets for me.

Some sort of communist conspiracy here, my parts won’t be here until the 10th of the month. My wife really got mad, as she has already pulled my sprockets for me.

I have the sprockets and chain but can't change them (not really that bad anyway) as I've started changing out springs and fluids on GL1800 and have to have at least one bike to ride... Heck you have 16 others to choose from, it can't be that bad.....

I have riden the Zero- electric motorcycle.

If we were willing to embrace electric and as tech advancement allows . An electric bike can solve lots of this regular maint. it goes the same for cars.

no more fluid changes- except brakes
no transmission to break
no valve to adjust
is belt driven- they could make a shaft - but would need fluid - so belt is good.
no spark plugs.
no lubing of chain

this apply to electric cars too---- imagine never do a oil change again!!

i do hope they make tire last longer while having the same or more grip... essentially like car tires.

but the problem is charging time, if they can give me a full charge in 5 min like we fill our gas tank, i think people would be all over.

give us cheap battery that can easily be replaced. i think all of these thing will be capable in my lifetime.

battery are known to last over 150k before they have mayor degrade. and electric motors are know to last over 300k . electric vehicle require less part to make and less part to replace when they break. electric cars and motorcycle will deeply cut into dealers pocket. but would actually be great for the consumers if can find way to greenly make battery and produce electricity from mostly the sun.

most car manufacturers have electric cars only because the law demand them to sell it. not because they want to help the environment or the consumer

their 2015 model of zero motorcycle was just released, I had made a survey and been in touch with people at zero motorcycle for a while. i told them the bike need to be cheaper, have abs, better suspension, more grip on the tires. --- and yes they also have a storage like the NC

well they did just that for 2015 model
ZERO MOTORCYCLES ? The Electric Motorcycle Company - Official Site

but still over the price that i think the bike should be. i think the S should be at 7k-8k, while the SR should be at 8k-9k.

I don't see any mention of storage on their web page.

I love the idea of electric, but it just wasn't to be when I was purchasing the NC... wanted more range, and more cross country capability than electric offered.

Maybe next motorcycle (or maybe some one will make a conversion kit for the NC when electric becomes reasonable)

I don't see any mention of storage on their web page.

I love the idea of electric, but it just wasn't to be when I was purchasing the NC... wanted more range, and more cross country capability than electric offered.

Maybe next motorcycle (or maybe some one will make a conversion kit for the NC when electric becomes reasonable)

look in this pic
2014 Zero DS Electric Motorcycle: Tank Storage Compartment

i commute 40-60 miles per day. this would work out perfect for me. little to almost no maint needed. the range would be enough, i can charge at work and when i get home.

even tho i wont need to buy stuff for maint, the price of this bike wont even make up the diff in saving. this bike need to be no more then $9k. right now is like $17k

Last edited:
On my dark and crummy work monitor, the storage trunk in the picture looks like more of a glove compartment. As in maybe a pair of summer gloves could be crammed in, but not winter gloves...

I don't know what magazine it was a little while ago that did a comparo between a Zero and a Honda CRF250L (Motorcyclist maybe?) but the electric bike didn't exactly get rave reviews. And for the $$$$$? Good lord, no thanks.

Mind you, if that was done by the same people that did that abysmal "test" carrying pizzas in zip lock baggies and backpacks with an NC700X, a Versys and a Scooter, well...:rolleyes:

Back