• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Test rode the CTX700

donx

Reaction score
Visit site
I didnt mind the feel of the CTX700 when I had a test ride. Sounded good, handled really well but for a newer rider I felt a little at ease on the 700s.

Thoughts?

The NC is very easy to ride. I've ridden a CTX and they are easier than the NC. I teach the MSF course in our area and often recommend the CTX. Nice low seat height, well balanced, and not so much power it will get you in too much trouble. Yet it will run down the road with the big boys. If you like the cruiser sitting position, I think it's a great bike.

A good option is to buy a smaller used bike to ride for a while then move up. Lots of good buys on used bikes and when ready to move up you can get most if not all of your money back. Something like a Honda Rebel. A few months riding it regular and you will be ready for the 700cc CTX. Plenty of used ones around to find a deal. If you don't want to shift then a maxi-scooter is a good option to gain experience and get comfortable on two wheels.

I almost got a CTX700T but after a 45 minute test ride I decided it wasn't for me. Primarily it was the peg & foot position I didnt like and found the seat hard on my lower back. It was balanced and low, handling was fine. I think Honda is thinking that this would be a good alternative 'goldwing' style bike when it is all tour packed up with hardcases etc for smaller riders and think they are catering to entry level & female riders with this bike. My friend has one with the hard cases & faring and it reminds me of a mini wing.

I almost got a CTX700T but after a 45 minute test ride I decided it wasn't for me. Primarily it was the peg & foot position I didnt like and found the seat hard on my lower back. It was balanced and low, handling was fine. I think Honda is thinking that this would be a good alternative 'goldwing' style bike when it is all tour packed up with hardcases etc for smaller riders and think they are catering to entry level & female riders with this bike. My friend has one with the hard cases & faring and it reminds me of a mini wing.

The Goldwing has a feet position much like sitting at a kitchen table. The CTX is more like sitting in a car but without the back support. But like you, my rides on the CTX were good for the first 20 minutes and then the foot position and back strain became very uncomfortable. Apparently, however, that riding position is well liked in the U.S. based on the number of cruisers sold. Honda is smart to go after that market.

CTX DCTs around here move VERY quickly. I can't recall ever seeing one twice in a dealership, even if I was at the same dealership twice in a single week.

Back